South African Tourism is inviting qualified graduates who are interested in submitting an application and possibly qualify for its Tourism Graduate Internship opportunity.
As the tourism marketing division of the South African government, SA Tourism works to promote the country’s business, leisure and events tourism agenda to both domestic and international markets.
Since its inception in 1994, SA Tourism has made great progress in its goal and has expanded from a small number global offices to a worldwide tourism organization striving to share and market, through experiences, everything that is warm and distinctly South Africa.
South African Tourism Internship 2020
SA Tourism is currently offering internship positions in a number of business units (alongside its reference number and required qualification) within the organization and are as follows:
- Human Capital (SAT 120) – Industrial Psychology or Human Resources
- Office of the CEO (SAT 121) – Business Administration, Management or Business Analysis
- National Convention Bureau (SAT 122) – Project Management, Events Management or Sales and Marketing
- (SAT 123) – Accounting or Financial Management
- (SAT 124) – Transport and Logistics or Supply Chain Management
- Tourism Execution (SAT 125) – Travel and Tourism
- Visitor Experience (SAT 126) – Quality Assurance or Travel and Tourism
- Strategy, Analytics and Insights (SAT 127) – Business Management or Monitoring and Evaluation
- Information Communications & Technology (SAT 128) – Information Technology or Business Analysis
- Brand and Marketing (SAT 129) – Communications and/or Marketing or Graphic Design
Who should apply?
These minimum requirements in or to be considered eligible to apply:
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in the qualification stated above
- Highly interested in tourism as well as making a difference in South Africa
- Eager to adopt new knowledge and take on new challenges
- Possesses solid leadership, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Effective written and verbal English communication skills
- Able to produce quality work within a team or independently
- Cross-functional interest
- Able to function to the fullest in fast paced work environment
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates who wish to pursue this internship opportunity will need to send a current and comprehensive CV together with the following documents:
- Academic qualifications (with academic transcript)
- Matric certificate
- Valid South African ID
Send all applications via email to: email@example.com
Make sure to indicate the reference number of the internship programme you wish to apply to.
The deadline for submission of applications is set on 08 May 2020.
No late or incomplete applications will be accepted for review.
Send an email enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How long will it take to complete this internship programme?
This internship opportunity will run for period of 12 to 24 months.
- Where will the internship programme take place?
The successful applicants will be interning at SA Tourism’s Sandton offices in Johannesburg.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the South African Tourism Graduate Programme advert.