South32, an Australian-based mining company is calling on suitable candidates to apply for its Engineer Process Control Graduate Programme 2023 intake at its Richard’s Bay site in KwaZulu-Natal. If you’re interested, be sure to review the minimum eligibility criteria of the role and see if it’s a good fit.
A result of a split-off from BHP Billiton in 2015, South32 is a global player in the mining and metals industry with headquarters in Perth, Western Australia. Aside from its home country, South32 operates in South Africa, Colombia, Mozambique, and the U.S. It also has interests in Brazil (aluminum) and Chile (molybdenum) in addition to its major products including bauxite, metallurgical coal, alumina, copper, nickel, manganese, silver, gold, and zinc.
South32 Engineer Process Control and Improvement Graduate Programme 2023
The successful candidate will be part of the Technology Platform Teams which is responsible for making services readily accessible by developing self-service and automated products with the aim of bringing together technology makers and consumers together.
The role is based at South32’s Richard’s Bay site in KwaZulu-Natal and will be responsible for fulfilling the following duties and responsibilities:
- Develop operating procedures, production standards, and control systems to maintain effectivity of critical controls of production processes
- Monitor production systems and render analysis
- Determine possible improvements to production systems and procedures to ensure predictability, stability, and adherence to recommended levels of operating performance as per HSEC guidelines
Who should apply?
Meeting the role’s minimum eligibility criteria is required to be able to apply.
- Holds a BTech, National Diploma, or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering
- Willing to work in field of heavy industry
- Preferably with solid communication, logical thinking, and analytical skills
- A strong team worker with a keen eye for detail
- Previous practical training or actual work experience in technology is a big plus
- Applicants from designated groups will be given priority
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to register their profile on South32’s online job application page. Click on the link to get started:
The deadline for submission of applications is on 14 December 2022.
Know more about South32 SA by clicking here.
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the South32 Engineer Process Control and Improvement Graduate Programme 2023 advert page.
Please refrain from making any queries if the internship is no longer available. Alternatively, you may view our other graduate programme and internship listings that are currently accepting applications.