The South32 Graduate Trainee Programme 2023 is currently accepting applications for its Hotazel Manganese Mines location in Northern Cape. If you’re interested, be sure to review the minimum eligibility criteria and key responsibilities of the role and see if it’s a good fit.
A result of a split-off from BHP Billiton in 2015, South32 is a global player in the mining and metals industry with headquarters in Perth, Western Australia. Aside from its home country, South32 operates in South Africa, Colombia, Mozambique, and the U.S. It also has interests in Brazil (aluminum) and Chile (molybdenum) in addition to its major products including bauxite, metallurgical coal, alumina, copper, nickel, manganese, silver, gold, and zinc.
South32 Graduate Trainee Programme 2023
As part of the South32 Graduate Trainee Programme 2023 intake, the successful candidate will be based in Hotazel Manganese Mines. This graduate development programme seeks to provide extensive training in various areas across Maintenance, Production, Finance, Engineering, Logistics, Human Resource Development/Management, and Supply divisions within the organization.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Gain and expand knowledge through exposure to HMM’s operations
- Undergo a 2 to 3-year, structured learning programme which provides the successful candidate the opportunity to develop as a significant contribution to the company
Who should apply?
Meeting the role’s minimum eligibility criteria is required to be able to apply.
- Holds a BTech, National Diploma, or Bachelor’s degree in any of the following:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Human Resource Development/Management
- Willing to work in the field of heavy industry
- Preferably with solid communication, logical thinking, and analytical skills
- A strong team worker with a keen eye for detail
- Previous relevant practical training or vacation work experience in this a big plus
- Applicants from designated groups will be given priority
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to register their profile on South32’s online job application page. Click on the link to get started:
The deadline for submission of applications is on 17 April 2023.
Know more about South32 SA by clicking here.
Please refrain from making any queries if the internship is no longer available. Alternatively, you may view our other graduate programme and internship listings that are currently accepting applications.