Southern Hemisphere, a private consultancy organization engaged in socio-economic development, is calling on qualified individuals to apply for its upcoming Internship Programme for 2022. Make sure that you go over the important details of the internship (e.g. minimum qualification, job responsibilities).
About Southern Hemisphere
Southern Hemisphere provides participatory development interventions that are centered on establishing learning organizations. The Organization works closely with government, academic institutions, NGOs, CSIs, donors, and other organizations through:
- Applied research as well as evaluations
- Planning and design of development projects including evaluation and monitoring learning systems
- Capacity building and organizational strategy
Southern Hemisphere Internship
The Southern Hemisphere Internship Programme allows students to gain practical exposure in a consulting workspace within the Social Development sector. The internship role is based in the Organization’s Cape Town offices and will have the successful candidate to:
- Pursue a career in the Social Development, Evaluation and Monitoring sector
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of consulting as it applies to a fast paced environment
- Develop a practical and clearer understanding of developing countries struggling with development
- Become a contributing member of a small team of focused, committed, and fun-loving individuals
- Incorporate theory and practice and improve practical research skills
The internship will run for a period of 12 months with the successful candidate receiving a R5000 monthly stipend.
Who should apply?
Candidates must meet the following minimum eligibility requirements to apply for the position:
- Holds an MA degree in Social Sciences, Research Psychology, or Politics (coursework must be complete; thesis may be completed during the internship)
- Must be innovative, flexible, and organized
- Able to produce results working independently
- Possesses a background in research (Quantitative and/or Qualitative Research Methodology
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to submit their comprehensive CV along with a letter of motivation indicating the following:
- Reasons for joining the internship at Southern Hemisphere
- Your view of what the Organization stands for
- How the Organization will be providing support during the course of the internship
- Goals that you wish to achieve upon completion of the internship
- What skills do you want to enhance or develop
- Your skills will allow you to be an asset to the Organization
- Concise description of yourself as an individual
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
For more information, get in touch with Southern Hemisphere by calling +27 (0) 32 422 0205.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Southern Hemisphere Internship 2022 advert.
If this internship has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other graduate internships open for application.