Southern Oil is looking for qualified individuals to submit their applications and qualify for its Mechanical Fitter Learnership intake for 2022. If you’re interested in applying, be sure to review the minimum eligibility requirements and job description before submitting an application.
About Southern Oil
As the largest canola crusher and leading authority in canola agriculture in Africa, Southern Oil radically transformed South Africa’s agricultural sector by building a canola oil refinery in the Western Cape in 1993. Before then, wheat was the primary source of livelihood for the grain farmers in the region while the majority of the alternatives. What started out as a pioneering development project aiming to generate jobs now generates USD 35.66 million in sales and employs 270 individuals.
Southern Oil Mechanical Fitter Learnership 2022
The main role of the successful candidate is to perform regular and preventive maintenance of allocated plant machinery, facilities, and equipment. In line with this main function, the duties and responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Provide assistance with maintaining plant equipment
- Support plant maintenance during shutdown periods
- Provide support with new equipment and machinery installations
- Provide support during machine breakdowns
- Provide assistance to artisans as needed
- Perform routine plant equipment inspections
- Focus on work order completion
- Follow safe working practices as defined by health and safety regulations
Who should apply?
Aspiring candidates will need to satisfy the programme’s initial eligibility requirements listed below:
- Completed Grade 12 and/or completed certification (NQF 4)
- Have taken Math and English subjects
- Work experience not required
- Able to adhere to the programme and accomplish set modules
- Capable of driving own achievement of professional goals
- Amenable to render overt time work as needed
- Willing to work shifts and fulfill standby duties
- Computer literate
- A keen learner with technical aptitude
- A people-person and a good negotiator
- Must be able to accomplish knowledge, practical, and workplace modules
*** RELATED GRADUATE JOB OPPORTUNITIES ***
How do I apply?
If qualified, you’ll need to fill out the online application form on Southern Oil’s online recruitment page. Click the link below, look for the appropriate position and click on the Apply button.
Apply online for the Southern Oil Mechanical Fitter Learnership 2022.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 19 January 2022.
For more details, contact Southern Oil’s HR Team at:
Tel. no: +27 (0) 28 514 3441
If this learnership has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other learnerships open for application.
Don’t miss out on the latest learnership updates. Like us on Facebook and follow @GoCareersSA for more information OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.