The Standard Bank is inviting interested and qualified individuals to apply for its Bursary Programme offering for the year 2020.
Headquartered in Johannesburg, the Standard Bank of South is the lender in terms of assets with a total of USD 142.9 billion i n 2016. In the same year, it employed a total of 54,767 employees spread across five continents, including North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa.
The Standard Bank Bursary Programme 2020
Standard Bank launched its 150 Bursary Fund Programme in celebration of its 150th anniversary. It is a full coverage bur an effort to help financially challenged . It is a full-coverage sponsorship for tertiary learners and designed to further develop academic excellence and mold future African movers and shakers. Moreover, the Standard Bank Bursary Programme offers both undergraduate and postgraduate coverage.
The undergraduate bursary fund is for 1st year students on their way to their second year and looking for funding support to complete their schooling. Standard Bank is looking for talented applicants with good grades in the fields of math, science, commerce and engineering.
A postgraduate bursary programme is also available to students looking to receive funding support as they pursue their postgraduate studies in the fields of Science, Commerce, Mathematics Engineering and Technology. The bursary offers full coverage to deserving postgraduate students pursuing studies in at a recognized academic institution.
Standard Bank does not guarantee employment, neither permanent or contractual, once bursars complete their qualification.
Requirements or Eligibility
To qualify for the undergraduate bursary, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Currently studying at a South African tertiary level institution
- Has at least a 65% average in current or latest exams (June/mid-year)
- Must be enrolled as a full-time
- Must satisfy entry requirements of universities preferably University of Pretoria, University of Cape Town, Wits University, Rhodes University, Stellenbosch University, University of Johannesburg and University of Kwazulu-Natal
- Amenable to formal assessment processes
- Financial incapacity is a main consideration
For postgraduate applicants, the ideal candidate must meet the following basic qualifications:
- Should have at least a 65% grade average
- Must be enrolled for full-time studies
- Must be able to satisfy admission requirements at universities preferably University of Cape Town, University of Pretoria, Wits University, Rhodes University, Stelllenbosch University, University of Kwazulu-Natal, University of Johannesburg
- Must agree to a number of formal assessment procedures
- Financial need is a major consideration
How to Apply
Qualified individuals may apply are highly encouraged to apply via the online application page. Also, click on the link below to view a checklist of the supporting documents you need to submit online:
Click here to access the application page:
Opening and Closing Date
Deadline for submission of applications is on 30 September 2019.
For enquiries about the bursary, send an email to email@example.com