The Standard Bank is inviting interested and qualified individuals to apply for its Bursary Programme offering for the year 2020.
Headquartered in Johannesburg, the Standard Bank of South is the lender in terms of assets with a total of USD 142.9 billion i n 2016. In the same year, it employed a total of 54,767 employees spread across five continents, including North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa.
The Standard Bank Bursary Programme 2020
Standard Bank launched its 150 Bursary Fund Programme in celebration of its 150th anniversary. It is a full coverage bur an effort to help financially challenged . It is a full-coverage sponsorship for tertiary learners and designed to further develop academic excellence and mold future African movers and shakers.
Bursary support is offered to both undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Offered to students set to successfully complete 1st year and need funding for the incoming year
- Must register for full-time studies in the following fields of study:
- Awarded to financially-constrained, academic performers looking to pursue postgraduate studies in any of the following courses:
- Information Technology
- Preferred universities are as follows:
- University of Cape Town
- University of Pretoria
- Wits University
- Rhodes University
- Stellenbosch University
- University of KwaZulu-Natal
- University of Johannesburg
Requirements or Eligibility
To qualify for the undergraduate bursary, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Currently studying at a South African tertiary level institution
- Has at least a 65% average in current or latest exams (June/mid-year)
- Must be enrolled as a full-time
- Must satisfy entry requirements of universities preferably University of Pretoria, University of Cape Town, Wits University, Rhodes University, Stellenbosch University, University of Johannesburg and University of Kwazulu-Natal
- Amenable to formal assessment processes
- Financial incapacity is a main consideration
For postgraduate applicants, the ideal candidate must meet the following basic qualifications:
- Should have at least a 65% grade average
- Must be enrolled for full-time studies
- Must be able to satisfy admission requirements at universities preferably University of Cape Town, University of Pretoria, Wits University, Rhodes University, Stelllenbosch University, University of Kwazulu-Natal, University of Johannesburg
- Must agree to a number of formal assessment procedures
- Financial need is a major consideration
How to Apply
Eligible applicants will need to apply via StudyTrust’s online recruitment portal. StudyTrust is the bursary administrator for Standard Bank.
Click the link to get started.
Grade 12 students who do not have immediate internet access may download the application form by clicking here.
Send fully accomplished application form together with the required supporting documents via one of the following way:
Postal Address: Private Bag X16, Braamfontein 2017
Short-listed applicants will go through a psychometric evaluation and series of interviews. Exceptional academic performance and financial incapacity to study.
Opening and Closing Date
Deadline for submission of applications is on 30 September 2019.
For further questions about the bursary programme, send an email to:
011 482-1501 / 011 403-1632
Got general enquiries, send an email to: