Standard Bank SA is calling on hardworking and suitable individuals to submit their application and qualify for its upcoming Business Operations Learnership Programme for 2021. Be sure to read the minimum eligibility requirements and job description before applying.
The Standard Bank of South Africa Ltd. is a major financial services group and considered by many as the biggest lender in Africa in terms of assets.
Founded in 1862 by a group of businessmen headed by John Paterson, the bank was initially called the Standard Bank of British South Africa. Port Elizabeth was the site of the first branch which soon saw several mergers with other banks e.g. Colesberg Bank, Commercial Bank of Port Elizabeth, Fauresmith Bank and British Kaffrarian Bank.
In 2016, Standard Bank recorded a revenue amounting to$8.61 billion and a net income of $1.54 with a workforce of 54, 767.
Standard Bank Business Operations Learnership 2021
As part of Standard Bank South Africa’s Business Operations Learnership, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to gain valuable work experience by performing the duties and responsibilities below:
- Make sure new account opening mandates uploaded to the system
- Establish and manage customer relationships by acting on their requests within SLA
- Provide consistent high-level support to external and internal clients to be able to hit new business targets
- Verify and ensure the data accuracy of laid down procedures and full audits of the applications to prevent internal fraud
- Make sure all fraud, credit, and compliance procedures and policies are adhered to
- Deliver exceptional service to exceed customer, supplier, and staff expectations as well optimize external and internal CSI surveys
- Minimize operational losses and ensure compliance to laid down audit requirements by accurately processing new business transactions
- Adhere to controls and compliance procedures to minimize risks associated with the occurrence of undesirable and fraudulent accounts
- Settle account detail queries and issues within set time frames
Who should apply?
Standard Bank of South Africa requires applicants to meet the following minimum applications to qualify for consideration:
- A South African citizen between 18 to 30 years old
- Able to write, speak, and read English
- Finished Grade 12 with “C” for Maths literacy or Pure Math
- Must have basic computer literacy
- Not employed in a full-time capacity
- Currently not pursuing studies at any learning institution
- Not part of any ongoing internship or learnership
What is the selection process?
No relevant info
How do I apply?
Those eligible to apply will need to register their profile on Standard Bank’s recruitment page. Click here to start the process.
Once done, use job ID 52593 to locate the job advert.
For enquiries, call Standard Bank South Africa at 0860 123 000.
- What are the start and end dates?
The learnership will commence on 01 April 2021 and runs until 31 March 2022.
- Where will it take place?
The successful candidates will be based in Standard Bank’s Johannesburg offices in Constantia-Kloof.
- Is this a paid learnership?
Learners will receive a monthly stipend amounting to R4 000.
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the Standard Bank SA Business Operations Learnership 2021.