Standard Bank is calling on suitable graduates to send in their application and qualify for its upcoming Cash and Everyday Banking Graduate Programme for 2021.
The Standard Bank of South Africa Ltd. is a major financial services group and considered by far as the biggest lender in Africa in terms of assets. Founded in 1862 by a group of businessmen headed by John Paterson, the bank was initially called the Standard Bank of British South Africa. Port Elizabeth was the site of the first branch which soon saw several mergers with other banks e.g. Colesberg Bank, Commercial Bank of Port Elizabeth, Fauresmith Bank and British Kaffrarian Bank.
In 2016, Standard Bank recorded a revenue amounting to$8.61 billion and a net income of $1.54 with a workforce of 54, 767.
Standard Bank Cash and Everyday Banking Graduate Programme 2021
The successful candidate will gain exposure in tracking cost drivers and product profit, industry forums as well as data analytics training. Moreover, the duties and responsibilities of the incumbent are as follows:
- Design transactional banking proposals
- Develop entrepreneurial-led financial strategies
- Establish investment and savings tools that seek to improve the economic status of customers
- Gain skills and insights from immersion experience in business projects in line with on-the-job learning
Who should apply?
Candidates will need to satisfy these minimum requirements in order to be considered eligible to apply for the programme:
- Completed a BCom or BSc Honours degree in the following fields:
- Data Science
- Information Technology or Computer Science
- Business Commerce
- No more than 12 months post qualification
- Must be South African citizen
How do I apply?
Qualified candidates who wish to push through with the application will need to click here to access the application page. Be sure to provide the accurate and latest information.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 15 June 2020.
For enquiries about this graduate programme, send an email to Venessa.Oger@standardbank.co.za.
Click here to view a PDF copy of the Standard Bank Cash and Everyday Banking Graduate Programme advert.
- How long will the graduate programme take to complete?
This graduate programme will run for a period of 18-24 months
- Where will the graduate programme take place?
The successful candidate will be assigned to Rosebank in Johannesburg.