Standard Bank SA is calling on capable and talented individuals to submit their application and qualify for its upcoming Cash Shared Learnership Programme for 2021. Make sure to read the minimum eligibility requirements and job description before applying.
The Standard Bank of South Africa Ltd. is a major financial services group and considered by many as the biggest lender in Africa in terms of assets.
Founded in 1862 by a group of businessmen headed by John Paterson, the bank was initially called the Standard Bank of British South Africa. Port Elizabeth was the site of the first branch which soon saw several mergers with other banks e.g. Colesberg Bank, Commercial Bank of Port Elizabeth, Fauresmith Bank and British Kaffrarian Bank.
In 2016, Standard Bank recorded a revenue amounting to$8.61 billion and a net income of $1.54 with a workforce of 54, 767.
Standard Bank Cash Shared Services Learnership 2021
This learnership programme is designed to provide successful candidates with essential work experience and skills performing the following responsibilities:
- Ensure workstation is active and equipment are in working condition, as well as the necessary stationery
- Remove consignment from the tote and keep it under lock and release making the following tote is available
- Make sure correct client code shows prior to processing deposits
- Verify consignment content with the corresponding schedule and are in the full camera view
- Remove cash and cheques from the bag, turning it inside out as part of SOP
- Check for empty envelopes before opening
- Accurately capture and process relevant customer and deposit information including relevant references in line with SLA and customer instructions
- Process deposits in compliance with the appropriate deposit
- Ensure regular collection of cheque deposit transactions from tellers
- Investigate invalid account numbers with team leader or tellers
- Make sure account numbers captured are accurate to correct
- Keep workstation clean and all equipment in the right place within the work area
- Perform any other relevant tasks as needed
Who should apply?
Applicants will need to meet the following minimum eligibility requirements to qualify:
- A South African citizen between 18 to 30 years old
- Able to write, speak, and read English
- Finished Grade 12 with “C” for Maths literacy or Pure Math
- Knows how to operate a computer
- Not currently studying
- Not part of any other internship or learnership
What is the selection process?
No relevant info
How do I apply?
Qualified applicants will need to register an account on Standard Bank’s recruitment page. Start the online application by clicking the link below:
The deadline for submission of applications is on 17 January 2021.
Job ID: 52592
Location: Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban
Start Date: 01 April 2021
End Date: 31 March 2022
Learner Allowance: R4 000 per month
For enquiries, call Standard Bank South Africa at 0860 123 000.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Standard Bank SA Cash Shared Services Learnership 2021 advert..
- What are the start and end dates?
The learnership will commence on 01 April 2021 and runs until 31 March 2022.
- Where will it take place?
The successful candidates will be based in Standard Banks’s Johannesburg, Durban, or Cape Town offices.
- Is this a paid learnership?
Learners will receive a monthly stipend amounting to R4 000.
270 55 5 25 18