Standard Bank is calling on suitable candidates to send in their application to qualify for its upcoming Credit Decision Science Graduate Programme for 2021.
The Standard Bank of South Africa Ltd. is a major financial services group and considered by far as the biggest lender in Africa in terms of assets. Founded in 1862 by a group of businessmen headed by John Paterson, the bank was initially called the Standard Bank of British South Africa. Port Elizabeth was the site of the first branch which soon saw several mergers with other banks e.g. Colesberg Bank, Commercial Bank of Port Elizabeth, Fauresmith Bank and British Kaffrarian Bank.
In 2016, Standard Bank recorded a revenue amounting to$8.61 billion and a net income of $1.54 with a workforce of 54, 767.
Standard Bank Credit Decision Science Graduate Programme 2020
The successful candidate will be working with various teams within Standard Bank SA’s Credit Risk for Personal and Business Banking group. Here, the incumbent will gain exposure to the following:
- Analytical and non-analytical roles in the Credit Lifecycle including the Collections Call Centre and Branch Network. This ensures access to the most suitable leadership and technical development path
- Comprehensive and hands-on experience on Credit Risk functions in relation to interactions with other company divisions such as Finance, IT, Legal and Compliance, Marketing and Product, to name a few
- Gain thorough knowledge in minimizing risks due to customers going on default as well as balancing risks and rewards
Furthermore, successful candidates will gain experience in these areas within the Credit Risk spectrum:
- Business Lending which includes, Commercial Segment, Small Enterprise Segment and Business Segment
- Personal Lending, which covers Vehicle Asset and Finance, Overdraft and Credit Card, Personal Loans, Home Loans
- Credit Decision Science which involves Data Science, Model Data and Scorecard Development
- Operation Risk
Who should apply?
Aspiring candidates will need to satisfy the following initial eligibility requirements in order to be considered for the graduate programme:
- Must hold a BCom or BSc Honours or Masters qualification in any of the following fields:
- Pure Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computational and Applied Mathematics
- Computer Science
- Must have no more than one-year post-qualification
- Must be a South African citizen
How do I apply?
Candidates who meet the minimum eligibility requirements will need to create an account on Standard Bank’s career page in order to apply for the internship position. Click here to get started.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 15 June 2020.
Standard Bank reserves the right to discontinue the application process at any time for any reason it may see fit.
For enquiries, get in touch directly with Standard Bank through email by sending it to:
- How long will it take to complete the programme?
This graduate programme will run for a period of 18 to 24 months.
- Where will the graduate programme take place?
The graduate programme will take place in Rosebank, Johannesburg.
- Is there a possibility for long term employment?
Successful completion of the graduate programme will mean a permanent position in the company.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Standard Bank Credit Decision Science Graduate Programme 2021 advert.