Standard Bank SA is calling suitable candidates to apply for its upcoming Data Analytics Learnership intake for 2023 at its Johannesburg offices. Be sure to read the minimum eligibility criteria and key details of the role if you plan on applying.
About Standard Bank
The Standard Bank of South Africa Ltd. is a major financial services group and considered by many as the biggest lender in Africa in terms of assets.
Founded in 1862 by a group of businessmen headed by John Paterson, the bank was initially called the Standard Bank of British South Africa. Port Elizabeth was the site of the first branch which soon saw several mergers with other banks e.g. Colesberg Bank, Commercial Bank of Port Elizabeth, Fauresmith Bank and British Kaffrarian Bank.
In 2016, Standard Bank recorded a revenue amounting to$8.61 billion and a net income of $1.54 with a workforce of 54, 767.
Standard Bank Data Analytics Learnership 2023
As part of the Data and Analytics team, the successful candidate will gain hands-on experience under the mentorship of Data Analyst Leads in the following areas:
- Conducting predevelopment or premigration analysis in identifying a solution
- Provide assistance to the Data Engineering and Software Development teams with identifying solutions
- Provide a detailed list of requirements for the Development team in relation to defining solutions
- Take active participation in brainstorming and collaboration sessions
- Acquire proficiency in Reporting, Analytics, and Dashboard basics, data analytics and visualization literacy, Tableau, Power BI, Salesforce, Core Python, SQL Queries, and more
The learneship contract starts on 1 April 2023 and will run for 18 months. Upon successful completion of the learnership, the learner will receive a National Certificate in System Development integrated with Data Analytics programmes. Benefits include a monthly stipend of R10000 and a student medical aid.
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- A South African citizen between 18 to 30 years old
- Able to write, speak, and read English
- Holds a diploma or degree in any technology-related field
- Not holding permanent employment and not currently pursuing any studies
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates will need to fill out an online application on Standard Bank’s careers portal. Click the link below to get started:
Job ID: 80372064_80378063
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
Should you have questions about the Company’s application process, click here.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Standard Bank Data Analytics Learnership 2023 advert page.
Do not post queries if this internship opportunity is no longer available.