Standard Bank SA is inviting qualified tech graduates who are interested to submit an application and qualify for its up and coming Group IT Graduate Programme and possibly land a permanent position in one of the largest financial services groups in South Africa.
The Standard Bank of South Africa Ltd. is a major financial services group and considered by far as the biggest lender in Africa in terms of assets. Founded in 1862 by a group of businessmen headed by John Paterson, the bank was initially called the Standard Bank of British South Africa. Port Elizabeth was the site of the first branch which soon saw several mergers with other banks e.g. Colesberg Bank, Commercial Bank of Port Elizabeth, Fauresmith Bank and British Kaffrarian Bank.
In 2016, Standard Bank recorded a revenue amounting to$8.61 billion and a net income of $1.54 with a workforce of 54, 767.
Standard Bank Group IT Graduate Programme 2021
The incumbent will be an essential member of the company’s Group IT division which is the charge of making sure Standard Bank and its employees are able to adapt technologically to the ever-changing needs of its business clients and customers. Throughout its years of operation, the Group IT division has constantly evolved the company’s methods of meeting world standard delivery systems with the help of technology and digitization.
Standard Bank’s Group It Graduate Programme offers a number of tech-related disciplines that will help develop expertise in the following areas:
- Robotics and AI/Machine Learning
- Cloud Engineering
- Cyber Security
- Data Science and Data Engineering
- User Design and User Experience
- Software Engineering
Who should apply?
Candidates will need to satisfy these minimum requirements in order to be considered eligible to apply:
- Must hold a recognized qualification, degree of diploma in the following tech-related studies:
- Information Science
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and other engineering disciplines
- Data Science/Data Engineering
- UX or Graphic Design
- Other mathematics technology-related diplomas, qualifications or degrees
- Must have work experience not exceeding one year
What is the selection process?
- Applicants who make it through the initial screening process will receive an invitation for an interview either at a regional office or online. Psychometric assessments or further interviews may be done as required.
- Applicants who pass the interviews go through an assessment process at SB’s Global Leadership Centre. This is where candidates will conduct a presentation on a case study as well as undergo team exercises and interviews
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates who wish to join the programme will need to register an account on Standard Bank’s recruitment page. Click here to kick start the process.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 31 May 2020. Standard Bank reserves the right to discontinue the advert for whatever reason it may deem necessary.
For information not covered by this advert, contact Standard Bank directly by sending an email to:
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Standard Bank Group IT Graduate Programme advert.