Standard Bank SA is calling on hardworking and suitable individuals to submit their application and qualify for its upcoming multi-discipline Learnership programmes for 2022. Be sure to read the minimum eligibility requirements and job description before applying.
About Standard Bank
The Standard Bank of South Africa Ltd. is a major financial services group and considered by many as the biggest lender in Africa in terms of assets.
Founded in 1862 by a group of businessmen headed by John Paterson, the bank was initially called the Standard Bank of British South Africa. Port Elizabeth was the site of the first branch which soon saw several mergers with other banks e.g. Colesberg Bank, Commercial Bank of Port Elizabeth, Fauresmith Bank and British Kaffrarian Bank.
In 2016, Standard Bank recorded a revenue amounting to$8.61 billion and a net income of $1.54 with a workforce of 54, 767.
Standard Bank Learnerships 2022
In line with its commitment to empowering the African youth through skills development, Standard Bank provides work-based learning designed to support and guide high-potential individuals as they achieve their self-set goals.
Standard Bank learnership programme offerings combine practice and theory together with structured learning and structured hands-on work experience with a recognized training provider. In addition, successful completion of the programme may lead to a SAQA-accredited qualification.
A number of Standard Bank learnerships ranging from 12 to 24 months (fixed term contract) are currently accepting applications, and in addition to a monthly stipend, successful candidates can look forward to the following:
- Performance-based rewards and benefits
- Practical and substantial workplace experience
- SAQA-accredited qualification
- Mentoring and coaching
Below are the Standard Bank learnership programmes that are open for application:
Data Science, 24 months
- Successful candidates will provide assistance with data interpretation, insights, and analysis
Wholesale Banking Learnerships
Wholesale Clients Operations, 12-months
- This learnership is designed to help successful candidates acquire actual experience in solution design, delivery, maintenance, and processing encompassing investment banking
Consumer and High Net Worth Learnerships
Universal Banker – Voice Branch, 12-18 months
- This programme offers exposure to essential real-world work experience in transactional banking and customer interaction with a special focus on and sales and service
Corporate Functional Learnership
Internal Auditing, 24 months
- Successful candidates will gain proficiency in providing objective reviews of systems, processes, and business organizations. In addition, the programme imparts knowledge on how to furnish impartial information to senior leaders and governing entities regarding risks, operational effectiveness, adherence to relevant laws and regulations, and control environment
Salesforce, 18 months
- Offers practical experience and theoretical knowledge while collaborating with leading minds about what’s in store for banking and platform business in the future
- Work closely with developers in writing app customization, developing testing/debugging frameworks, and enhancing application capabilities
- Acquire core skills essential to designing and developing custom applications in Salesforce
Cloud Computing, 18 months
- Acquire technical know-how in cloud computing
- Work with developers in getting hands-on with AWS/Azure cloud platform builds and acquiring relevant cloud certifications
Data Engineering, 18 months
- Work with engineers on interpreting business requirements to be able to provide technical solutions
- Learn how to describe and craft solutions; define test tasks and builds; conduct solutions testing; and execute solutions and provide third level support
Upon completion of the programme, participants will have the key skills in constructing data gathering, report solutions, and warehousing.
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must be able to meet at role’s minimum eligibility requirements to apply:
- Completed matric with a 60% GPA (Grade 12) or a 3-year post-matric qualification (depending on the role)
- Depending on the role. must have,0
- A South African citizen between 18 and 30 years of age
- Able to read, write, and speak in English
- Computer literate
- Does not have permanent employment
- Not currently pursuing a tertiary qualification
- Not registered to another learnership programme
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to register their profile first before they can apply. Click on the link below to get started:
The deadline for submission of applications is on 30 June 2022.
For more information about Standard Bank’s learnership opportunities, contact them directly at +27 11 636 1061.
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the Standard Bank Learnerships 2022 advert link.