Standard Bank SA is calling on suitable individuals to submit an application and qualify for its upcoming Standard Bank STL Trusts Tax and Accounting Internship for 2021. Make sure to read the minimum eligibility requirements and job description before applying.
The Standard Bank of South Africa Ltd. is a major financial services group and considered by many as the biggest lender in Africa in terms of assets.
Founded in 1862 by a group of businessmen headed by John Paterson, the bank was initially called the Standard Bank of British South Africa. Port Elizabeth was the site of the first branch which soon saw several mergers with other banks e.g. Colesberg Bank, Commercial Bank of Port Elizabeth, Fauresmith Bank and British Kaffrarian Bank.
In 2016, Standard Bank recorded a revenue amounting to$8.61 billion and a net income of $1.54 with a workforce of 54, 767.
Standard Bank STL Trusts Tax and Accounting Internship 2021
This internship is designed to provide customer-focused estate solutions and is a good opportunity for the successful candidate to gain a firm foothold in estate planning, particularly in the field of finance and tax.
Moreover, the successful candidate will gain an opportunity to acquire skills by performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of the value chain in relation to estate planning
- Resolve client enquiries and concerns
- Work with internal stakeholders within SB and STL
- Strengthen client relationships by providing world-class client services
- Gather and submit taxes
- Administer different trusts
- Read court orders as well as breakdowns
- Adhere to group policies and backgrounds
- Attend compliance training
- Provide support with tax administration
- Manage cash book entries
- Observes phone etiquette
- Follow business writing etiquette
- Carry out office administration tasks
Who should apply?
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum requirements to apply:
- Must be a South African citizen between the age of 18 and 30
- Completed at least three years in BCom Finance or Accounting
- Knows how to make use of a computer
- Able to read, speak, and write English
- Not pursuing another course at another learning institution
- Not attending another learnership or internship
What is the selection process?
No relevant info
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates will need to register their profile on SB’s recruitment page. Click the link below to start the process:
Apply Online for the Standard Bank STL Trusts Tax and Accounting Internship 2021.
Job ID: 52535
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Start Date: 01 April 2021
End Date: 31 March 2023
Learner Allowance: R8 000 per month
No deadline has been set as of this posting.
For enquiries, call Standard Bank South Africa at 0860 123 000.
- How long will it take to complete?
This internship will run for a period of two years.
- Where will it take place?
The successful candidate will be based in Standard Bank’s Johannesburg offices.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Standard Bank STL Trusts Tax and Accounting Internship 2021 advert.