Standard Bank SA is calling on suitable individuals to submit an application and qualify for its upcoming Tsholofelo Learnership Programme for 2021. Make sure to read the minimum eligibility requirements and job description before applying.
The Standard Bank of South Africa Ltd. is a major financial services group and considered by many as the biggest lender in Africa in terms of assets.
Founded in 1862 by a group of businessmen headed by John Paterson, the bank was initially called the Standard Bank of British South Africa. Port Elizabeth was the site of the first branch which soon saw several mergers with other banks e.g. Colesberg Bank, Commercial Bank of Port Elizabeth, Fauresmith Bank and British Kaffrarian Bank.
In 2016, Standard Bank recorded a revenue amounting to$8.61 billion and a net income of $1.54 with a workforce of 54, 767.
Standard Bank Tsholofelo Learnership 2021
This learnership programme seeks to hire people living with disabilities to fill key positions in the company’s Operations Center. The learnership is also designed to prepare successful candidates as they enter the world of banking.
Successful candidates will receive a learner allowance amounting to R5 000 per month. The learnership commences on 1 May 2021 and ends on 31 October 2021.
The duties and responsibilities of the successful candidate include the following:
- Understand end-to-end value chain in the non-resident and regulatory operations
- Develop and grow relationships
- Follow through with clients to ensure outstanding documents are received
- Ensure compliance with all company standards or policies
- Plan and prioritize time management and own workload
- Make sure all correspondence and communications are managed promptly and professionally to ensure consistently high level of service
- Observe email and telephone etiquette when following through with clients
Who should apply?
Applicants will need to meet these minimum requirements to get considered for the learnership:
- A South African citizen aged 18 to 30 years old
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- A person living with a disability as defined by the Employment Equity Act
- Done with matric and/or post-matric qualification
- Must know how to work with computers
- Not currently employed
- Must not be attending school at any other institution
- Not registered for any other learnership
What is the selection process?
No relevant info
How do I apply?
If you meet the minimum qualifications and would like to apply, register an account on the company’s recruitment page by clicking the link below:
Job ID: 52700
Start Date: 01 May 2021
End Date: 31st October 2022
Learner Allowance: R5 000 per month
No deadline has been set as of this posting.
For enquiries, call Standard Bank South Africa at 0860 123 000.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Standard Bank Tsholofelo Learnership Programme 2021 advert.