Standard Bank SA is inviting qualified graduates to submit an application and qualify for its upcoming Universal Banker Trainee Programme for 2021. Make sure to read the minimum eligibility requirements and job description before applying.
The Standard Bank of South Africa Ltd. is a major financial services group and considered by many as the biggest lender in Africa in terms of assets.
Founded in 1862 by a group of businessmen headed by John Paterson, the bank was initially called the Standard Bank of British South Africa. Port Elizabeth was the site of the first branch which soon saw several mergers with other banks e.g. Colesberg Bank, Commercial Bank of Port Elizabeth, Fauresmith Bank and British Kaffrarian Bank.
In 2016, Standard Bank recorded a revenue amounting to$8.61 billion and a net income of $1.54 with a workforce of 54, 767.
Standard Bank Universal Banker Trainee Programme 2021
The purpose of this trainee programme is take in demands from personal customers and provide accurate assessments regarding any banking concerns ranging from product enquiries to customer account activities.
Another purpose is to promote customer service excellence with the aim of adding value and contributing to the general profitability of the branch.
The key duties and responsibilities of Universal Bank Trainee are as follows:
- Engage customers to understand what’s important to them and resolve their concerns accordingly
- Confirm customers’ regulatory status (e.g. POPI, KYC, etc.)
- Verify customer’s identity in order to prevent providing information to unauthorized persons
- Take ownership of demands and provide customers with a timely response or facilitate completion of demands
- Ensure one call resolution as much as possible
- Update account notes on relevant systems as needed
- Understand risks related to customer demand and comply with all risk requirements when acting on demands
Who should apply?
Applicants will need to meet the following minimum requirements in order to qualify:
- Preferably with FAIS qualification and background
- One to two years of personal and business banking experience
What is the selection process?
No relevant info
How do I apply?
If you meet the basic requirements and would like to apply, register an account on the company’s recruitment page. Click the link below to start the process:
Apply online for the Standard Bank Universal Banker Trainee Programme 2021
Job ID: 52737
Job Location: Delmas, Mpumalanga
Start Date: 01 April 2021
End Date: 31 March 2023
Learner Allowance: R8 000 per month
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as the time of this posting.
For enquiries, call Standard Bank South Africa at 0860 123 000.
Click here to view a PDF copy of the Standard Bank SA Universal Banker Trainee Programme 2021 advert.