Standard Bank SA is calling on capable and hardworking individuals to submit their application and qualify for its upcoming VAF Operations Learnership Programme for 2021. Be sure to read the minimum eligibility requirements and job description before applying.
The Standard Bank of South Africa Ltd. is a major financial services group and considered by many as the biggest lender in Africa in terms of assets.
Founded in 1862 by a group of businessmen headed by John Paterson, the bank was initially called the Standard Bank of British South Africa. Port Elizabeth was the site of the first branch which soon saw several mergers with other banks e.g. Colesberg Bank, Commercial Bank of Port Elizabeth, Fauresmith Bank and British Kaffrarian Bank.
In 2016, Standard Bank recorded a revenue amounting to$8.61 billion and a net income of $1.54 with a workforce of 54, 767.
Standard Bank VAF Operations Learnership 2021
The duties and responsibilities of the successful candidate are as follows:
- Gain full understanding of the VAF value chain from capture to deal payout
- Respond to and resolve client enquiries
- Establish relationships
- Work with clients to make sure outstanding documents are received
- Provide excellent service develop solid client relationships
- Comply with all standards and policies
- Attend to correspondence and other communications in the most professional and prompt manner
- Adhere to telephone etiquette when following through with clients
- Perform verification checks
- Carry out office administration tasks
Who should apply?
Applicants will need to meet the following minimum eligibility requirements to qualify:
- A South African citizen between 18 to 30 years old
- Able to write, speak, and read English
- Finished Grade 12 with “C” for Maths literacy or Pure Math
What is the selection process?
No relevant info
How do I apply?
Those eligible to apply will need to register their profile on Standard Bank’s recruitment page. Click here to start the process.
Once done, use job ID 52591 to locate the job advert.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
For enquiries, call Standard Bank South Africa at 0860 123 000.
- What are the start and end dates?
The learnership will commence on 01 April 2021 and runs until 31 March 2022.
- Where will it take place?
The successful candidates will be based in Standard Banks’s Johannesburg and Durban offices.
- Is this a paid learnership?
Learners will receive a monthly stipend amounting to R4 000.
Click the link to view a PDF file of the Standard Bank SA VAF Operations Learnership 2021