Starke Ayres, a trusted brand in the agri-business sector, is calling on suitable graduates who are interested in joining its Tunnel Assistant Graduate Programme to check out the advert and send in an application should they meet the minimum requirements.
Starke Ayres is a leading specialist in the flower, vegetable and lawn seeds distribution industry in Africa. The company is a popular supplier of premium seed varieties to professional growers all over the world. They have their own vegetable seed growing programmes that are designed through years of sustained research and development.
The company maintains its focus on after-sales service, providing assistance to farmers who are growing produce that be brought to market. With a network international of in-house and external sales agents, Starke Ayres is able to operate a successful distribution network to ensure that their products make it to the customers.
Starke Ayres Tunnel Assistant Graduate Programme 2020
The successful candidate will become part of the company’s Research Department and will report directly to the Station Manager. As a Tunnel Assistant, the primary role of the incumbent is to provide support to the Station Manager in ensuring the basic needs, optimal production and growth of protected crops are met.
Moreover, the duties and responsibilities of the incumbent are as follows:
- Provide support to the Station Manager with tunnel duties e.g. crop management as well as managing tunnel workers, materials and equipment
- Ensure effective supervision of production and research activities in the tunnels
- Make sure tasks are done according to the existing standard of productivity, overall quality and accuracy
Who should apply?
These minimum eligibility requirements must be met if you want to send an application:
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Horticulture
- Hands-on experience working in protected growing environments
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Holds a valid driver’s license
How do I apply?
Qualified applicants who wish to send an application will need to register an account on the company’s recruitment portal. Click here to start the process.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 30 June 2020.
Starke Ayres reserves the right to discontinue the advert or application process for any reason it may deem beneficial to the company.
Click on this link and fill out this form regarding any enquiries about the graduate programme.
Click the link to view the Starke Ayres Tunnel Assistant Graduate Programme advert.
- Where will the successful candidate undergo the graduate programme?
The incumbent will become part of the company’s Research Department in Starke Ayres’ Kempton Park facilities in Gauteng.