Procter & Gamble South Africa is inviting suitably qualified individuals who would be interested in joining its Supply Chain Internship Programme for 2020.
Also called P&G, Procter & Gamble is a multi-national company with headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio. P&G specializes in a broad spectrum of personal/consumer health, as well as hygiene and personal care. These products are distributed into several categories, which includes, Health Care, Grooming, Beauty, Fabric and Home Care, and Feminine, Baby and Family Care. The company’s product line included snacks, foods and beverages before Kellog’s purchase of Pringles and other Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) such as Pampers, Always, Gillette, Ariel and Oral B.
P&G South Africa’s headquarters is in Sandton, Johannesburg. It also operates a Pampers manufacturing plant in Spartan Kempton Park in Gauteng province. In total, P&G South Africa employs more than 300 employees.
Supply Chain Internship Programme at P&G South Africa
P&G considers its Supply Network Operations as its major driving force in the company’s value creation efforts. It is this division’s job to enusre that different P&G products get to their customers’ stores in the prescribed quantities at the desired time and with the right quality. Moreover, the SNO is responsible for projecting customer demand, managing order, invoice and shipment information. Procter & Gamble’s SNO also manages the actual delivery process starting from the Distribution Centre until it lands on customer shelves.
The P&G Supply Chain Internship Programme offers experiential learning in the following areas:
- Help in managing logistical relations with existing customers
- Contribute in Upstream Supply Chain innovation and design
- Provide assistance in developing supply chain setups of new products
- The intern will receive continuous coaching and formal training from coaches and managers for growth and development
- Work closely with other SNO teams as well as with other teams from Sales, Finance and Marketing
- Gain working experience working in a dynamic and culturally diverse multi-national work environment where each employee is valued and work/life balance is promoted
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate for this internship must be able to meet these initial eligibility criteria to qualify for consideration:
- Students pursuing their last year to complete their Bachelor or Master’s degree from an engineering or business university/school
- Has demonstrated leadership skills and very passionate .about the job
- Must have good problem and analytical skills
- Can easily collaborate with a diverse group of employees
- Can work independently and under minimal supervision
- Knows how to work with MS Office applications, particularly in Excel
- Must be a South African citizen
What is the selection process?
P&G assures applicants equal opportunities by employing an accessible and flexible recruitment process.
- Applicants will go through an online assessment to determine suitability for the position. Keep in mind that these assessments require complete concentration
- Assessments may be challenging and differ depending on the role being applied for. Some parts are timed and may take 20-60 minutes to complete
- Applicants who receive an invitation for interview (in person or via phone) can look forward to situational and behavioral-based interview, carried either in one-on-one or panel interviews
How do I Apply?
Qualified parties will need to register their profile on the P&E recruitment portal. Those who already have an account only need to login to start the application process.
Click here to kick start the application process. Choose “New User” if you don’t have an account.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
Click the link below to view the job advert.