Swiss Re, one of the largest reinsurers in the world, is calling on qualified individuals to submit an application and qualify for its Property Assistant Graduate Programme. Review the job requisites and responsibilities before applying to make sure you’re a good fit for the position.
Swiss Reinsurance Company Ltd. is based in Zurich with a global footprint spanning over 25 countries including the US, Australia, Japan, Canada Hong Kong, India, South Korea and Germany, to name a few. In 2016, the company made it to the 118th spot in Forbes 2000 Leading Global Companies, as well as reaching the 313th spot in Fortune Global’s Top 500 companies in 2015.
Swiss Re: Property Assistant Graduate Programme 2020
Swiss Re’s Property Assistant Graduate Programme offers successful candidates an opportunity to be part of the fast-paced, challenging world of highly specialized financial services. In the process, the Property Assistant will go hands-on performing these duties and responsibilities:
- Be instrumental in helping clients grow and thrive with the company by filling the protection gap as well as providing expert advice on capital management
- Work closely with various teams across various departments
- Know and analyze key risk drivers contained in treaties
- Provide support to Swiss Re’s underwriters
- Acquire key experience as a property underwriter
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must at least possesses the following minimum requirements to be eligible for consideration:
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent) in Mathematics, Technology, Geography, Science, Engineering or Economics
- Able to focus on key details while keeping a sensible approach to problem-solving
- Keen interest in economics
- A proactive team player
- Able to meet deadlines
- A fast learner who is able to understand complex issues and communicate them in easy to understand terms
- Able to work comfortably in a multicultural environment with and highly proficient in the English language plus at least another South African language
- Strong skills in the use of Microsoft Office tools such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Takes ownership and accountability
- Able to remain constructive even in drastic plan changes
- Able to understand others’ ideas and communicates solutions effectively
How do I apply?
If you meet all the initial eligibility criteria and would like to apply, register an account on Swiss Re SA’s recruitment page.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
For enquiries, access the website’s FAQ section.
- Where will the graduate programme take place?
Successful candidates will be based in Swiss Re’s Cape Town offices.
- How long will it take to complete the programme?
This graduate runs for a duration of 18 months.
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the Swiss Re Property Assistant Graduate programme advert.