Symbiotics South Africa is calling on suitable individuals to submit their application and qualify for its Capacity Building Internship Programme. Be sure to review the minimum qualifications as well as the job description to find out if you qualify to apply.
The Symbiotics Group is a Swiss-based market access platform serving developing and pioneering markets, providing them investment advisory, market research and asset management expertise. With headquarters in Geneva, the company currently has 160 employees and international offices in London, Zurich, Amsterdam, Singapore, Mexico City and Cape Town.
Since 2004, Symbiotics has more than USD 5 billion in investments in over 400 microfinance companies operating in close to 80 developing and pioneering markets all over the world.
Symbiotics Capacity Building Internship 2021
The successful candidate’s primary function is to support the Capacity Building Unit in providing technical assistance and business affairs, particularly in backstopping activities e.g. accounting, reporting and admin as well as basic project management assessment to ensure timely output.
Other key duties of the Capacity Building Intern include, but are not limited to:
- Provide admin support with tender processes
- Assist in contract drafting and follow-through in line with standardized formats
- Collect data for interim project reports
- Assist payment and invoice instruction preparation and collection
- Provide input in TA Facility Committee and Investment Committee reports
- Provide input in stakeholder and donor reports
- Help out in record keeping tasks
- Provide support and data input in line with project database management
- Provide assistance to the team with technical support tasks
Who should apply?
Only applications from candidates who meet the following minimum eligibility requirements will be considered:
- Holds a bachelor’s degree and currently pursuing a Master’s degree in Finance, Economics or any relevant field of study
- Must have an interest in microfinance
- Must have high proficiency in MS Excel as well as data analysis
- Fluency in English, Spanish or French is an advantage
- Must be available for the internship within a period of three (3) months
How do I apply?
Click on the link to access Symbiotic’s recruitment portal and fill out the online application.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
For enquiries, please call Symbiotics SA at +27 21 425 51 19.
- How long will it take to complete?
The internship runs for a duration of three (3) months.
- Where will it take place?
The successful candidate will be based in Symbiotics’ Cape Town offices in Western Cape.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Symbiotics Capacity Building Internship 2021 program advert.