Symbiotics South Africa is calling on highly motivated and qualified individuals to come and apply for its General Internship Programme for 2020.
The Symbiotics Group is a Swiss-based market access platform serving developing and pioneering markets, providing them investment advisory, market research and asset management expertise. With headquarters in Geneva, the company currently has 160 employees and international offices in London, Zurich, Amsterdam, Singapore, Mexico City and Cape Town.
Since 2004, Symbiotics has more than USD 5 billion in investments in over 400 microfinance companies operating in close to 80 developing and pioneering markets all over the world.
Symbiotics SA General Internship Programme
The successful candidate will be joining the company’s Markets division and will be given the opportunity to perform certain essential functions within a social investment space in a leading global market player.
Duly reporting to the Regional Manager as well as the Sub-Saharan Associate, the incumbent will be performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Carry out administrative tasks e.g. file management and data capture
- Providing support with generating anti-money laundering reports
- Conducting research for use in market and country intelligence reports
- Providing assistance during Investment Committee Meeting preparations
- Provide assistance in analyzing annual financial statements
- Conducting research and analysis of possible investigate
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to meet the following basic eligibility requirements in order to be considered for this internship position:
- Must be currently pursuing a degree programme. Honours, master’s and third-year students are welcome to apply
- Taking up Economics, Commerce, Development Finance, Development Studies or Accounting
- Knowledgeable in business level French
How do I apply?
If you meet the initial requirements for this internship position and would like to submit an application, click here to access the company’s recruitment portal.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
For enquiries, please call Symbiotics SA at +27 21 425 51 19.
- Is this a paid internship?
While this is a paid internship, the actual remuneration amount is to be disclosed upon hire.
- Where will the internship take place?
The successful intern will be under the Regional Manager and
- How long does it take to complete the internship?
The internship will run for a period of three (3) months and with an option for renewal. In addition, the intern will serve a part-time contract with 20-hour work week.
Click here to view the Symbiotics SA General Internship Programme 2020 advert.