Swedish biotechnology company, Syngenta AG, is inviting highly qualified individuals to apply for its Finance Internship Programme for the 2020 fiscal year. If you’re intending on applying, make sure to get a look at the minimum eligibility criteria and competency requirements of the role first:
Established as a result of the Novartis Agribusiness-Zeneca Agrochemicals Merger in 2000, Syngenta AG is one of the leading biotechnology companies in the world. As a global biotechnology company, Syngenta carries out genomic research, and is widely known for its agrochemical and seed products. In 2009, it was the third highest-selling biotechnology and seed producer in the world.
Syngenta Finance Internship 2022
The Syngenta Finance Internship role is a fixed-term contract that will run for a duration of 12 months at Syngenta’s Centurion location, As a Finance Intern, the incumbent will gain exposure to local and regional operations with registered professionals who will provide assistance to ensure a smooth transition to into the professional world by sharing skills, attributes, and knowledge to the Finance Intern.
Duties and responsibilities
- Acquire knowledge and work within the many aspects of a financial environment (e.g. fixed assets, accounts payable, accounts receivables, financial statement preparations, taxation, etc.)
- Perform balance sheet reconciliation and provide analysis and interpretation of balance sheets
- Support internal and external audits
- Conduct data collection, source data interrogation in Microsoft Dynamics/SAP in determining accuracy of GL postings
- Develop and nurture strong stakeholder relations
- Deliver timely feedback based on Syngenta standards
- Carry out ad hoc tasks as needed
Who should apply?
Applicants who meet the role’s minimum eligibility criteria and competency requirements can apply:
- Holds a BCom in Accounting degree or equivalent qualification
- Preferably knowledgeable in Microsoft Dynamics and SAP
- Possesses clear knowledge of general accounting principles e.g. Tax and Companies Act, IFRS, end-to-end business processes, internal controls, tax rules, and how the business works
- Comfortable working in fast-changing, competitive environment
How do I apply?
Qualified applicants are required to create an account on the company’s recruitment page in order to apply. Click on the link below to get started:
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
For more information about the internship programme, get in touch with Syngenta South Africa by calling them at:
Tel: +27 11 541 4000
Block C, Floor 2, Westend Office Park,
254 Hall Street, Die Hoewes,
Click the link to view the Syngenta Finance Internship 2022 advert page..
f this internship is no longer available, please do not make any queries. View our other graduate internships that are open for application.
Don’t miss out on the latest graduate programmes updates. Like us on Facebook and follow @GoCareersSA for more information OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.