Sappi South Africa is calling on qualified individuals to apply for its upcoming Finance Internship Programmes for the 2020 financial year.
Established in 1936, Sappi South Africa (SA) is a leading manufacturer of quality paper products and dissolved paper pulp. After a series of aggressive expansion efforts, the company diversified its product line to meet local and international demand. Today, they produce packaging and specialty papers, printing paper, biomaterials and bio-energy, to name a few.
Sappi SA is headquartered in Johannesburg and is the forerunner of Sappi Global, a multi-national company with operations spanning three continents including North America and Europe.
Sappi SA Finance Internship Programmes 2020
Sappi SA is opening its Finance Internship Programmes simultaneously at its various regional offices in the country. As Finance Interns, the successful applicants will be reporting to the Finance Risk Manager and will be performing the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Assume a number of functions in Finance in order to acquire the most practical exposure and work experience
- Provide assistance with a variety of admin work and ad hoc activities
- Take part in daily contract admin activities
- Ensure accurate documentation for the department is complete
- Help with aggregating monthly budgets including actual spend and approvals
Sappi SA is currently offering its Finance Internship Programme in the following locations:
- Ngodwana Mill in Ngodawana, Ehlanzeni District in Mpumalanga
- Maydon Wharf in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
- Saiccor Mill in Umkomaas, KwaZulu-Natal
- Tugela Mill in Mandeni, KwaZulu-Natal
Who should apply?
In order to be eligible for consideration, applicants will need to satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- Completed matric or Grade 12 qualification
- Holds a relevant degree in Accounting/Finance or Business Administration or equivalent discipline
- Must be knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
What is the selection process?
Sappi employs a straight-forward and effective selection process when screening applicants for either internships or full-time positions.
- Applicants able meet the basic requisites are shortlisted by a line manager and the HR department
- Interview invitations are sent to the qualified applicants
- The interview is conducted with the HR and line manager present and the most suitable applicants are chosen based on the interview and CV
- When needed, assessments are done to determine skill gaps or suitability for the job prior to potential employment
- The line manager reviews the assessment results along with recommendations
- An offer is made to the best candidate
- The successful candidate will accomplish the required paperworks and will receive a start date upon accepting the offer
How do I apply?
If you meet the minimum eligibility requirements and would like to pursue this internship opportunity, click here to create an account. If you already have an account set up, go ahead and log in.
Once logged in, use the requisition ID of the internship programme to locate the advert without having to go through the job listings.
- Ngodwana Mill – Req ID 26239
- Maydon Wharf – Req ID 26243
- Saiccor Mill – Req ID 26244
- Tugela Mill – Req ID 26245
Deadline for submission of applications is on 13 November 2019.
Tel:+27 (0)13 734 6111
Tel:+27 (0)39 973 8911
Tel:+27 (0)32 456 1111