FirstRand, one of the foremost South African financial institutions, is calling on suitably qualified and interested graduates to come and apply for its current Graduate Programme offering for the 2020 financial year.
As one of the leading South African financial institution, FirstRand Ltd. company offers diversified services such as banking, investment and insurance products and services. FirstRand has offices in several key African countries including Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Swaziland, Tanzania, Lesotho, Nigeria, Ghana and Mozambique.
Outside of Africa, FirstRand operates branches in India, Guernsey and London. FirstRand delivers its services through its various franchises namely, Rand Merchant Bank, Fist National Bank, Wesbank and Ashburton Investments.
FirstRand Graduate Programmes
The primary goal of the FirstRand Graduate Programme is to create a developmental pipeline for key positions within the business organization. The selected candidates will be given the following duties and responsibilities includes, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide excellent customer service that goes above and beyond expectations by being proactive, innovative and accurate in delivering solutions
- Offer effective execution of responsibilities by way of timely and careful planning, updating and reporting of relevant information
- Contribute in the innovation of business processes
- Participate in knowledge sharing and relevant projects in order to enhance skills needed for the role
- Successfully complete training assignments
- Increase competency by managing own development
- Embody the values of TFG by demonstrating said values essential to the business
Who should apply?
Candidates must meet the minimum qualifications in order to be considered for the programme:
- Must be in the process of finishing final year of undergraduate qualification for the following areas of discipline:
- Commerce e.g. Business Management, Accounting, Economics, Finance
- Actuarial Science
- Industrial Psychology
- Human Resources
- Computer Science
- Information System, or other related studies
- Undergraduates and postgraduates who fit the requirements above who are planning to take on an Application Development career
- Must have achieved a 60% grade average, or a C, orLevel C for English and Pure Mathematics in matric
- Matriculated in the no more than eight years
- Willing to move to and stay in Gauteng Province
- Amenable to go through screening assessments in Gauteng at own expense
- A South African citizen with good credit rating and no criminal record
How do I apply?
Applicants who meet the minimum requirements will need to register an account on the FirstRand jobs portal. Click here to get started.
Deadline for submission of applications is on 29 November 2019.
Should you have any questions about the graduate programme, get in touch with FirstRand’s Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the graduate programme, click on the link to view the application guide.