The Basil Read Engineering Bursary Programme is calling on suitably qualified parties who are looking into receiving bursary support to continue their university education.
Basil Read is a leading South African construction company founded in 1925 by Basil Leonard Read. As a major player in the construction sector, the company has built numerous roads, bridges, housing developments, buildings, plants and more. The company has also ventured in mining activities such as opencast and surface contract mining.
Basil Read Engineering Bursary Programme
Basil Read prefers to award bursary opportunities to promising, passionate, and enthusiastic individuals who possess a keen interest for the built environment. Moreover, the company seeks people who appreciate the value and purpose of infrastructure to modern society.
Qualifications covered by the Basil Read Bursary Programme include the following:
- BSc or B. Eng in Civil Engineering
- BSc Hons or BSc in Quantity Surveying
- BSc or B. Eng in Mining Engineering
- National Diploma in Mining Engineering
Permanent employment within the company after completion of qualification will depend on Basil Read’s current manpower requirements and other factors.
Requirements or Eligibility
To qualify for this bursary opportunity, applicants must satisfy the following basic requirements:
- Must be at least second year students taking up any of the prescribed fields of study
- With a solid academic performance
- Passionate, enthusiastic and with a distinct flair for engineering
How to Apply
Qualified applicants will need to download, fill out, and submit the Basil Read Application 2020 application form. Make sure to attach the supporting documents listed below:
- Certified true copy of South African ID
- Certified true copy of Matric results
- Latest academic transcript – certified true copy
- Proof of admission to a covered field of study
- Quotation of all school-related expenses for the year
Download the application form here.
Forward your application form along with the supporting documents to:
The Skills Development and Bursary Facilitator
Basil Read Ltd.
Private Bag X170
Opening and Closing Dates
Deadline for submission of applications is on 31 August 2019.
If you require help or have unanswered questions regarding the bursary programme, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.