Cape Town-based, asset management consultancy firm Coronation is looking for a suitably qualified individual to apply for its Property Equity Analyst Training Programme and become part of its Fixed Income team.
Coronation is an asset managent company founded by a group of investment experts who banded together to grow a dedicated fund management firm. Established in 1993, the fledgling company started out with zero clients and no assets. Today, Coronation is a trusted name in the country’s investment industry.
Considered as one the biggest and most successful institutional and retail asset management firms in South Africa, Coronation provides both pooled and segregated investment vehicles. Its growing roster of clientele includes provident and pension funds, unit trusts, medical schemes, insurers and banks, to mention a few. In addition, Coronation provides asset management services to international retirement funds, family offices and endowments.
Coronation Property Equity Analyst Trainee Programme
As a Property Equity Analyst Trainee, the successful candidate will primarily be working with the Fixed Income team, providing support in analyzing companies connected to the property sector. This is a god opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge about the property sector including the main drivers of success in such industry.
Inherent duties and responsibilities of the Property Equity Analyst trainee will encompass the following:
- Provide assistance to analysts with research on property sectors listed locally and offshore
- Carry out tasks for the investment team as needed
- Monitor and generate daily and monthly reports regarding fund manager portfolios
- Perform administrative tasks in support of research processes
- Prepare presentations for external roadshows as well as internal report backs
- Provide support to analysts in running company analyses and building spreadsheet models
The Property Equity Analyst trainee will be reporting to the Head of Fixed Income in Coronation’s head office in Claremont, North Cape Town. Salary is negotiable, and the trainee is expected to start to immediately.
This is for a permanent position as the Coronation Property Equity Analyst Trainee programme offers employment at the end of the training programme.
Requirements or Eligibility
No relevant work experience is required. However, you must meet the following basic requirements to qualify:
- Must hold a degree in BCom, Business Science, Engineering, or any degree majoring in Economics, Math or Accounting
- Consistent top academic performer in college or university
- High diligence and numeracy
- A self-starter and highly motivated to prove worth
- Eager to learn
- Driven and proactive
- Able to manage his/her own training without constant guidance
- Knowledgeable in MS Office applications with advanced Excel skills
Click the link to view the Coronation Property Equity Analyst Trainee Programme
How to Apply
If you meet the basic requirements, you will need to set up an account to be able to apply. Click the link below to get started:
Once done with setting up your account, use the reference number 190715-2 to easily locate the job advert.
Opening and Closing Date
Deadline for submission of applications is on 31 October 2019
TEL: +27 (0) 21 680 2000
FAX:+27 (0) 86 532 1933