Distell SA is inviting suitable and interested graduates to submit their applications for an opportunity to join the company’s Food Tech and Quality Management Programme for 2020.
Based in South Africa, Distell Ltd is a leading alcoholic beverage company serving a broad selection of consumers all around the globe. The company’s popular line of beverages includes Savana, Amarula, Durbanville Hills, Hunter’s Dry and Nederburg.
Distell boasts a R21.5B annual turnover and employs close to 5,500 people.
Distell SA Food Tech and Quality Management Internship Programme
Distell’s Food Tech and Quality Management Internship Programme is designed to provide hands-on work experience specifically for undergraduates pursuing their final year of studies and are required to gain such work experience in order to complete their qualification.
The successful candidates will gain exposure in the following key areas of learning:
- Quality assurance e.g. extrinsic and intrinsic quality control and Quality Management Systems
Who should apply?
Candidates who meet the following minimum criteria will be considered for this internship position:
- Must be in their final year of completing their tertiary level education such as BSc Biotechnology in Bio ND in Food Technology, ND in Analytical Chemistry or BSc in Bio-Technology, etc
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Knows how to use MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Able to time manage and multi-task effectively even under pressure
- A team player
- Physically fit in order to effectively cope with the demands of the role
- Willing to work long hours
- Must have access to reliable transportation getting to work
- Amenable and able to commit to a 12-month internship contract
How do I apply?
Only applicants who are able to satisfy the programmes’ minimum criteria will be considered for this internship position. Click here to get started with the registration procedure.
If you have applied in the past, simply use your logins and key in reference number 16461 to pull up the job advert.
Below are the supporting documents that need to be submitted:
- Letter of motivation/cover letter
- Comprehensive and updated CV
- Letter from the school stating the required internship including evaluation format
- Grade 12 certificate (certified copy)
- Scholastic records from a tertiary institution (certified copy)
- South African ID (certified copies)
- Valid driver’s license (certified copies)
The deadline for submission of applications is on 12 December 2019.
For further enquiries about the internship, call Distell directly at +27(0) 21 809 7000.
- Where will the internship take place?
The successful interns will be joining the Quality Department at the Stellenbosch head office in Western Cape.
- How long will it take to complete the internship?
This internship runs for a duration of 12 months, starting on 1 February 2020 and ends on 31 January 2021.
Click the link to view the Distell SA Food Tech and Quality Management Internship Programme 2020 advert.