British American Tobacco (BAT) is inviting all interested parties to apply for its Procurement Internship Programme for 2019.
British American Tobacco is a multi-national company engaged in the manufacture of cigarettes and tobacco products. Headquartered in London, UK, it is considered by industry experts as the biggest publicly traded tobacco maker in the world.
With a market-leading position in more than 50 countries, BAT operates in about 180 countries. In 2018, the company reported a net annual income of over USD31 million.
British American Tobacco Procurement Internship Programme 2019
The BAT South Africa Procurement Internship Programme is a 4-month internship where the successful candidate will be working in the company’s Heidelberg facility in Gauteng. The incumbent will be part of the Procurement team and will be performing the following tasks:
- Play a crucial part in providing assistance to the Procurement Transformation for Growth initiative
- Prepare quality Procurement metrics reports using PowerPoint and Excel
- Work with large sets of data such as blocked invoices, complex cost comparisons, retrieving quotes
- Manage suppliers
- Collaborate with various departments to push Procurement goals
- Project management work on BAT’s products
British American Tobacco does not guarantee or offer permanent employment upon the intern’s successful completion of the internship programme.
Requirements or Eligibility
Applicants who meet the following minimum requirements will be considered for the internship:
- Able to reach final year of studies or holds a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Management, Business, Supply Chain or other relevant fields of study
- Knowledgeable in the use various MS tools, particularly PowerPoint or Excel
- Highly analytical and accurate
- A systematic and strategic thinker
- Must be a quick learner and constantly eager acquire new knowledge
- Capable of multi-tasking
Click the link to view the BAT Procurement Internship Programme 2019.
How to Apply
Click the “Create an account” link and register an account to be able to apply for the position. If you already have an account, simply log in using your email address and password.
Click here to access the BAT recruitment portal.
Opening and Closing Date
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
Click the link below if you have questions about the application process: