JCDecaux is calling suitable and interested individuals to come to its website and fill out the application and apply to qualify for the upcoming IT Internship Programme for the 2020 financial year.
Paris-based advertising company, the JCDegaux Group, is an international corporation popular for coming up with bus stop advertising, public bicycle rentals, billboards and street furniture. As the largest outdoor advertising company in the world, JCDecaux currently has over 13,000 employees working in over 75 countries all over the world.
In 1955, Jean-Claude Decaux founded a company that specializes in outdoor advertising along with motorways and were taxed heavily by the state. This lead Decaux to develop the idea of advertising street furniture. From there, JCDecaux went on to further develop and offer various types of street furniture. These include bus shelters, City Information Panels, Morris Columns and kiosks.
JCDecaux IT Internship Programme
The successful candidates will be responsible for performing the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide first line of support for desktop computer issues
- Assist in coordinating and supplying second line of support for internal users
- Act on helpdesk troubleshooting requests and provide feedback to ensure resolution
- Provide assistance with conducting equipment shipment checks for accuracy and resolve issues with vendors
- Provide assistance with facilitating equipment repair or return and checking warranty coverage as needed
- Help out in hardware inventory database maintenance and track equipment transfers
- Generate ad hoc inventory reports as requested
- Provide assistance in managing the computer supply inventory
- Monitor usage as well as order supplies when needed
- Maintain admin files as well as other office files
- Perform basic admin support tasks such as filing, submitting paperwork, sending/receiving faxes, shredding confidential documents
- Screen phone calls
- Ensure office cleanliness
- Work on special admin projects as requested by the IT manager
- Provide tech support for MS Office 2007 and 2003 users
Who should apply?
Only applicants who meet the basic qualifications listed below will be eligible for consideration:
- Holds A+ PC hardware certification (final stages)
- Solid knowledge of computer hardware
- High proficiency Microsoft desktop tools including Office 2007 and 2003
- Good grasp of Microsoft OS such as Windows 7 and XP
- Working knowledge of LAN is a definite advantage
- Capable of providing software support and issue resolution over the phone and logging calls accordingly
How do I apply?
Candidates who meet the minimum requirements and would like be part of the internship will need to apply online on the JCDecaux website. Click here to access the page. Once there, scroll to the bottom and click on “Apply”.
No deadline for submission of application has been set as of this writing.
Should you have further questions about this internship opportunity, use the details below:
Talent and Acquisition Officer
+27 11 514 1552
+27 11 514 1400
Click on the link to pull up the JCDecaux IT Internship Programme 2020 advert.