Sappi South Africa is calling on qualified and interested graduates to apply for its upcoming Production Trainee Mill Finishing Internship Programme for 2020.
Established in 1936, Sappi South Africa (SA) is a leading manufacturer of quality paper products and dissolved paper pulp. After a series of aggressive expansion efforts, the company diversified its product line to meet local and international demand. Today, they produce packaging and specialty papers, printing paper, biomaterials and bio-energy, to name a few.
Sappi SA is headquartered in Johannesburg and is the forerunner of Sappi Global, a multi-national company with operations spanning three continents including North America and Europe.
Sappi SA Production Trainee Programme 2020
Sappi South Africa needs five (5) suitably qualified individuals to fill vacancies in its Production Trainee Programme for deployment at the Mill Finishing department. Reporting directly to the Production Manager, the successful candidates will be equipped with the essential skills they will need to carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Perform operation in various plants
- Complete work according to standard operating procedures
- Operate auxiliary systems according to standard operating procedures
- Complete on the job training to get exposure in the production process
- Assist in operational duties within the plant in order to gain experience
- Apply all safety, health and environmental policies and procedures
Who should apply?
Candidates who meet the programme’s minimum requirements may apply:
- Holds a National Diploma NQF Level 6 in Chemical Engineering or Pulp and Paper Engineering
- With one year of experience in plant operation is an advantage
- Computer literate
What is the selection process?
Sappi SA employs a straight-forward and effective selection process when screening applicants for either internships or full-time positions.
- Applicants who are able to satisfy the basic requisites are shortlisted by a line manager and the HR department
- Interview invitations are sent to the qualified applicants
- The interview is conducted with the HR and line manager present. The most suitable applicants are chosen based on the interview and CV
- When needed, assessments are done to determine skill gaps or suitability for the job prior to potential employment
- The line manager reviews the assessment results along with recommendations
- An offer is made to the best candidate
- The successful candidate will accomplish the required paperwork and will receive a start date upon accepting the offer
How do I apply?
Applicants who able to meet the basic qualifications mentioned above will need to register an account on Sappi SA’s recruitment portal. Click here to start the registration process. If you already have an account, kindly sign in and use the job requisition ID 26904 to easily locate the job listing.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 2 January 2020. If you do not receive any communications from Sappi SA within 14 days past the deadline, consider the application as unsuccessful.
For additional details about the programme, send an email inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to view the SAPPI SA Production Trainee Programme