Sappi SA is in need of a qualified graduate to apply for its upcoming Forest Research Internship Programme in 2020.
Established in 1936, Sappi South Africa (SA) is a leading manufacturer of quality paper products and dissolved paper pulp. After a series of aggressive expansion efforts, the company diversified its product line to meet local and international demand. Today, they produce packaging and specialty papers, printing paper, biomaterials and bio-energy, to name a few.
Sappi SA is headquartered in Johannesburg and is the forerunner of Sappi Global, a multi-national company with operations spanning three continents including North America and Europe.
Sappi SA Forest Research Internship Programme
The successful applicant will be working out of Sappi Forests, KwaZulu-Natal as a Research Intern, and will be given the opportunity to obtain key skills training in order to develop specific competencies needed in conducting research and production-related endeavors at Sappi SA’s Shaw Research Centre.
Reporting to the Principal Research Officer, the incumbent’s primary duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide assistance during tissue culture lab activities including sub-culturing and media preparation
- Support research trial projects e.g. planting and measurement
- Provide support during data capture and trial data analysis
- Conduct safety awareness and policy implementation
Who should apply?
- Completed Grade 12 or matric
- Holds a degree/diploma if Forestry, Botany, Horticulture or any relevant field of study
- Knowledgeable in the use of computers and MS Office tools such as PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Excel
- Preferably owns a valid driver’s license
How do I apply?
Applicants who satisfy the prescribed minimum eligibility requirements will need to register an account on Sappi SA’s recruitment portal.
Click here to get started.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 23 October 2019.
Any other questions may be directed to:
Phone: 27 (0)33 347 6600
Or you can refer to the Sappi SA Forest Research Internship advert for more details.
- I already submitted an application. How long do I have to wait to get feedback?
Due to the large number of applications Sappi SA processes on a regular basis, only shortlisted applicants will get a notification. Wait 14 days after the deadline, and if no feedback comes, consider the application as unsuccessful.
- Can I send my application via email?
No. You can only apply by visiting Sappi SA’s recruitment portal. Any applications sent by any other means will not be accepted.
- What will be the location of the internship position?
The Research Intern position will be held in Sappi SA’s Shaw Research Centre in KwaZulu-Natal.