Hitachi Vantara is calling on interested parties to send in their applications for its Legal and Compliance Internship Programme for 2019. Interested? For more information read on to find out more about this internship opportunity.
Operating in Johannesburg, Hitachi Vantara is a subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd with more than 100 years of operational technology expertise and over 60 years in IT. Hitachi Vantara assists its customers in data storage, activation, enhancement and monetization for improved customer experiences, lower business costs and fresh revenue streams.
Hitachi Vantara Legal and Compliance Internship Programme
The successful candidate will be fulfilling the role of a Legal Intern reporting to the Senior Counsel. The role involves working with various teams within the organization including Product Development, Alliances, Data Privacy and Engineering teams. In addition, the incumbent will acquire work experience in Data Privacy, Intellectual Property, Corporate Governance and Compliance. The internship runs for a period of 12 months and will be based in Hitachi Vantara’s Johannesburg facility.
The Legal Intern will be responsible for carrying out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Compiling, organizing and summarizing legal and corporate documents
- Creating, updating and organizing soft and hard copies of contract files
- Performing accurate and detail-specific data entry of past contracts
- Managing template data base
- Preparing new contracts for review by legal counsel and other concerned department
- Working with both external and internal customers regarding contracts
- Collaborating with stakeholders in managing priority
- Providing general assistance and support to support to legal counsel
The Hitachi Vantara Legal and Compliance Internship Programme does not guarantee employment by the end of the 12-month programme.
Requirements or Eligibility
The ideal applicant must possess the following basic requisites to be considered for the internship position:
- Holds a Bachelor’s or Administrative degree in a business related course
- Exceptional written and verbal English communication aptitude
- Capable of working discreetly on broad range of confidential issues
- Fluent in the English language
- Able to demonstrate initiative, self-motivation and the ability to work independently within a virtual team
- Capable of effectively prioritizing tasks and problem solving in a multi-tasking environment
- Good eye for detail and solid organizational skills
- Comfortable in using new tools and technologies
- Able to learn, apply and dispense knowledge within a team environment
- Capable of maintaining a high standard of integrity
- Knowledgeable with computers, particularly in the use of Microsoft Office tools such as Word and excel
- Interested in understanding and be passionate about the products and services offered by Hitachi Vantara
View the job advert by clicking here.
How to Apply
If you meet the general qualifications of the position, apply online by going to the company’s Careers page. In addition, you will need to attach the following documents:
- Updated CV
- Cover letter
Click here to apply online:
Opening and Closing Date
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
Click the link below to know more about Hitachi Vantara: