The Motsepe Foundation is inviting suitably qualified and deserving students to send in their application and qualify for its Bursary Programme for 2020.
Established in 1999 by Patrice Motsepe and Dr. Precious Moloi-Motsepe, the Foundation is based on the concept of “ubuntu”, which means looking out for your neighbor and other people in your community. Although based in South Africa, the Motsepe Foundation has a global reach as much as it is active on a national and local level.
The Motsepe Foundation Bursary Programme
The Motsepe Foundation Bursary Programme is awarded to exceptional students who are unable to further their studies due to financial constraints. In addition, students intending to pursue their degree in the following courses are eligible to apply:
- University degrees related to Mathematics, Engineering, Medical Sciences, Entrepreneurship, Business, Technology, Arts, Agriculture and Law
Who should apply?
The following are the minimum requirements applicants need to meet in order to be considered for the bursary programme:
- Must have obtained at least a 70% pass aggregate
- Must be intending to pursue any of the above-mentioned qualifications
- Able to provide proof of financial incapacity
What is the selection process?
- Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted and will receive instructions to send June matric results
- Applicants who make it to the final offer will submit their final matric results, proof of registration or admission letter from the tertiary education institution, student number and statement of fees (for current university students)
You can view the bursary advert by clicking here.
How do I apply?
Applicants who satisfy the bursary programme’s basic requirements will submit the following:
- Completely filled out application form
- June 2019 results
- Proof of SA residence
- Signed and stamped letter of confirmation from Social Services – child support, pensioners, orphans grant
- Employment letter, bank statements (previous 3 months)
- Certified affidavit that will support proof of income (self-employed parents or guardians
Download the application form by clicking the link below:
Send your application form along with the prescribed supporting documents to email@example.com.
Deadline for submission of applications is on 15 September 2019.
Call the Motsepe Foundation directly for any questions about its bursary programme at 011 324 1500.