The South African National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) is launching its Film and TV Postgraduate International Bursary Programme for the year 2019. The NFVF is under the office of the Department of Arts and Culture, and works to ensure the advancement of the film and video industry of South Africa.
The NFVF’s various efforts to achieve its goals include the following:
- Provide funds that help the film industry, starting from development, production to marketing and distribution
- Fund research and produce industry stats that give stakeholders and the public important data about the film industry
- Fund programmes that develop and train filmmakers
NFVF Film and TV Postgraduate International Bursary Programme
The NFVF Film and TV Postgraduate Bursary Programme was established to build capacity by enhancing the skills of local film and TV professionals to be globally competitive. Selected bursars of the programme are sent overseas to study postgraduate courses not available in South Africa. The bursary award will cover postgraduate studies for the 2019 school year which amounting to R250 000.
Requirements or Eligibility
To qualify, applicants must possess the basic programme requirements listed below:
- A South African citizen or holds a permanent residency status
- A good scholastic performance
- Demonstrated need for monetary assistance
- Already enrolled for a full time, post graduate film or TV studies at a recognized tertiary institution abroad (course must start by September 2019)
- Acting or Live Performance courses are not considered for the bursary award
- Only courses not offered in South Africa are eligible for funding
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants will need to register an account before being able to apply online. Click here to access the NFVF’s application page.
Applications must come with a detailed Letter of Motivation. Do not forget to include the required supporting documents stated in the application form.
Opening and Closing Date
Deadline for submission of applications is on 31 March 2019.
For any further questions about the NFVF Film and TV Postgraduate International Bursary Programme, kindly get in touch with:
Phone: 011 494 0880