Procter & Gamble South Africa is inviting interested parties to apply for its Finance and Accounting Internship Programme at the company’s Sandton facility in Johannesburg.
Also called P&G, Procter & Gamble is a multi-national company with headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio. P&G specializes in a broad spectrum of personal/consumer health, as well as hygiene and personal care. These products are distributed into several categories, which includes, Health Care, Grooming, Beauty, Fabric and Home Care, and Feminine, Baby and Family Care. The company’s product line included snacks, foods and beverages before Kellog’s purchase of Pringles.
As one of the largest Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) manufacturers globally, its famous products include Pampers, Always, Gillette, Ariel and Oral B.
P&G SA Finance and Accounting Internship Programme
The Finance and Accounting Internship Programme at P&G provides a great opportunity for selected interns to apply their management and finance skills in real-life scenarios. The internship programme offers a thorough understanding of the financial world in a fast-paced consumer goods manufacturing company.
The key duties and responsibilities of the Finance and Accounting intern include, but not limited to:
- Analyze major competitors in order improve business strategies for P&G products
- Work on new product initiatives and launches
- Provide assistance in financial impact assessment with the sales and brand management team
- Discover business opportunities in new channels such as Discounters and E-commerce)
- Improve cost competitiveness for P&G’s manufacturing activities
Moreover, the selected intern is expected to:
- Feel ownership of the assigned project/s on the very first day of the internship
- Receive daily coaching and mentoring from the department manager
- Experience a respectful and dynamic work environment where work/life balance is promoted
- Full-time employee treatment in terms responsibility as well as a competitive monthly stipend
Requirements or Eligibility
To qualify, applicants must meet the basic programme requirements listed below:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or any other relevant majors
- Excellent academic record and strong interest in finance
- Strong leadership qualities and strategic analysis capability
- Outstanding collaborative skills – can work well with other teams from various organizations
- Good English speaking skills
- Adept in Microsoft Office applications
How to Apply
Qualified applicants will need to access P&G’s online recruitment page and set up an account to be able to apply for the internship.
Click the link below to start the account setup process:
After setting up an account, use the job code FIN00004454 to quickly find the job posting.
Find the job advert by clicking the link below:
Know more about P&G South Africa by clicking below: