The Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa is reaching out to qualified and interested parties to send in their applications for its Teacher Internship Bursary Programme. The ISASA is the oldest and largest private school organization in South Africa.
The ISASA serves more than 850 member schools within a wide range of cultural and socio-economic communities and religious denominations. It has launched various projects and initiative to further improve the quality of education offered by private schools in the country. One of such initiatives is the South African Mathematics and Science Teacher Intern Programme (SAMSTIP).
South African Mathematics and Science Teacher Internship Programme Bursary Scheme 2020
Offered by the ISASA, the South African Mathematics and Science Teacher Internship Programme aims to produce more qualified and skilled math and science teacher as a solution to the nation’s skills shortage.
In cooperation with the Department of Basic Education and Investec, the bursary programme is awarded to prospective Further Education and Training (FET) and Senior teachers in the fields of Mathematics and Science. The selected bursars will have access to bursary support as they pursue a Bachelor of Education degree or a Post-Graduate Certificate in Education (1 year) at UNISA.
Benefits of the SAMSTIP Bursary Programme include:
- Receive mentoring from experienced teachers
- Access to effective learning and teaching resources and technology
- Gain working experience in Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa member schools
- Academic enhancement report as well as other value-added services
Bursary coverage includes textbook expenses, UNISA fees, accommodation and transportation allowance and a monthly stipend.
Requirements or Eligibility
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered:
- School leavers holding matric exemption and obtained at least 60% in Science, Mathematics (Physical or Life Sciences) and English
- Tertiary level students who have taken up Mathematics and Science
- Mathematics and/or Science major graduates
How to Apply
Qualified applicants will need to access the online application form, fill out accordingly and submit. Click the link below to access the online form:
Opening and Closing Date
Deadline for submission of applications is on 15 May 2019.
For enquiries about the SAMSTIP Bursary Programme, call ISASA at +27 11 648 1331
or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org