Government-owned Trans-Caledon Tunnel Authority is in need of two suitable and highly qualified individuals to join its upcoming Internship Programmes to be held this year. For more details about these internship opportunities, check out the article below.
As an agency of the National Department of Water and Sanitation, the Trans-Caledon Tunnel Authority is a government entity wholly responsible for financing bulk raw infrastructure programmes of the South African government. It works to protect South Africa’s water resources in terms of usage, lawful distribution and allocation. The TCTA also helps the government in its goal of achieving water security for the country and realizing its constitutional mandate of ensuring universal access to water for all citizens.
Trans-Caledon Tunnel Authority (TCTA) Internship
The TCTA Internship Programme is designed to attract individuals form previously disadvantaged backgrounds who will provide assistance to TCTA’s Internal Audit team in offering reasonable assurance on governance, risk management, internal controls, to Management, the Board and Audit and Risk Committee.
In addition, the internship seeks to help the TCTA Internal Audit in providing advisory services that help add more value to the organization and assist Management in realizing its strategic objectives.
Currently, the TCTA is offering two (2) internship programmes within the organization’s Internal Audit Division:
- Internal Audit Internship
- IT Internal Audit Internship
Who should apply?
Applicants will need to meet these minimum eligibility requirements in order to be considered for the internship program:
- Holds a National Senior Certificate with university admission
- Completed a relevant postgraduate/undergraduate degree
- Successfully completed all major subjects with grades not lower than 65%
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Computer literate
- Must be a South African citizen with a valid ID
- Not in an internship
- Not older than 35 years old
- No employment obligation with the previous sponsor
- Must have no family member or close relative working in TCTA
- A recent graduate of no more than four (4) years
- Possesses leadership skills or potential
- Willing to be assigned at various project sites
- Applicants living with disabilities are welcome to apply
Internal Audit Internship
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Accounting, Commerce, Internal Audit or a relevant or equivalent field of study with an Internal Audit course module as a requirement
- Work experience is not a requirement
IT Internal Audit Internship
- Possesses a Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Auditing, Information Systems, IT Auditing, Computer Auditing or any relevant degree that requires an Internal Auditing course module to be completed
- Working experience is not a requirement
How do I apply?
Applicants who meet the minimum requirements and would like to push through with the application process will need to submit the following documents:
- Certified true copies of the following
- South African ID
- South African National Senior Certificate
- Relevant qualifications
- Full academic transcript
- Applicants living with disabilities will need to complete and submit a certificate of confirmation of diagnosis of disability
Submit your comprehensive CV and attach all supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to indicate the position being applied for as the subject.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 21 February 2020. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Consider your application as unsuccessful if no feedback is received 30 days past the submission deadline.
For further enquiries about the internship not covered by this advert, get in touch with Ms Nomvula Mhilambi at 012 683 1258. No enquiries sent to the aforementioned email will not be accepted.
Click the link to view the Trans-Caledon Tunnel Authority (TCTA) Internship 2020 advert.