The Foschini Group is currently inviting suitable candidates to apply for its Industrial Engineering Internship 2023 programme intake at its Cape Town offices. If you’re interested, be sure to check the minimum eligibility and skills requirements of the role before applying.
About The Foschini Group
Founded in 1925, the Foschini Group is an expansive, South African clothing retailer headquartered in Parow, Cape Town. After a series of mergers and buy ins, TFG now has a presence in 3,328 locations spread across 34 countries including the US, UK and Australia.
TFG Industrial Engineering Internship 2023
As part of the TFG Industrial Engineering Internship, the successful candidate will support the Business Process Optimization & Technology Department operating in TFG’s Design Center in Cape Town. This department is responsible for developing a blueprint for technology implementation within TFG’s manufacturing operations. It is the intern’s main responsibility to manage planning boards deployed at various manufacturing sites.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Work closely with planning managers to ensure optimal use of Fastreact planning boards
- Make sure events and work progression updates on Fastreact are accurate
- Assess Plan versus Act with planning managers
- Present identified opportunities to maximize the efficiency of the boards
- Provide assistance to the Senior Business Process and Technology Manager with rolling out system strategies
- Engage business analysts in gathering reports and functional requirements for systems implementation
- Help out process owners with the implementation of process improvement changes in all aspects (e.g. reducing lead times, quality improvements, and improving delivery scorecards
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Holds a diploma or degree in Industrial Engineering or any relevant qualification
- Good critical thinking and analytical skills
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) skills
- Great attention to detail
- Able to develop and maintain sound and professional relations
- Knowledgeable with MS Word and Excel
- Highly self-motivated and accountable for own actions
- Preferably knowledgeable with BI systems
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to register an account on TFG’s Careers page. Click the link below to get started:
Job ID: 15696
Note that applications without academic records will not be accepted.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
For further questions, call TFG at +27 21 938 1911.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of TFG Industrial Engineering Internship 2023 advert page.
Please refrain from making any queries if the internship is no longer available. Alternatively, you may view our other graduate programme and internship listings that are currently accepting applications.