The Foschini Group (TFG), one of the leading independent South African chain store groups, is calling on suitable graduates to visit its website and apply for its InfoSec Internship Programme for 2021. Be sure to review the minimum qualification requirements before applying.
Founded in 1924, the Foschini Group operates a network of chain stores offering an expansive portfolio made up of 29 of the most popular fashion retail brands from all over the world. TFG carries a wide selection of clothing, cellphones, jewelry, cosmetics, accessories, homeware, sporting equipment and apparel, and home furniture to value to upper market demographics.
With headquarters in Parow, Cape Town, TFG now has a presence in 3,328 locations spread across 34 countries including the US, UK and Australia after a series of mergers and buy-ins.
TFG Information Security Internship 2021
The successful candidate will be part of TFG’s Infosec department and will be given the opportunity to expand his/her skills while as an intern at one of the leading retailers in Africa. As an Information Security Intern, the role’s duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide assistance with the promotion of the Security Mission information across the organization
- Actively support the company’s humanist approach to help ensure stakeholders are in the loop regarding the ever-changing cyber threat landscape
- Acquire hands-on cybersecurity experiences, processes, and practices from expert practitioners
The TFG Information Security Internship runs for a period of 12 months at TFG’s Cape Town location in Western Cape.
Who should apply?
Candidates will need to satisfy the following minimum eligibility requirements to apply for the position:
- Holds a relevant qualification
- Must have a solid background in system administration
- Must be inherently supportive and cooperative
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Preferably with security certification
- Cybersecurity or information security background is an advantage
- Thorough with solid skills in analyzing and interpreting data
- Possesses a positive attitude
- Eager to learn
What is the selection process?
TFG gives preference, but not limited to applicants belonging to designated groups as defined by the its Employment Equity policies.
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates will need to register their profile on TFG’s online recruitment portal. Click the link below to get started.
No deadline for the submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
If you wish to reach TFG South Africa’s main number, call 0861 111 761.
Click the link to view a PDF file of the TFG Information Security Internship 2021 advert.