The Sourcing Internship Programme is calling on qualified individuals who are interested in growing a career at the Fashionable Foshcini Group.
The Foschini Group is a large, South African clothing retailer headquartered in Parow, Cape Town. The company was founded in 1925. After a series of mergers and buy ins, TFG now has a presence in 3328 locations spread across 34 countries including the US, UK and Australia.
The TFG Sourcing Internship Programme 2019
The selected intern will be working full-time in TFG’s Merchandise Procurement Division in Parow, Cape Town North in the Western Cape province. The main role of the selected intern is to provide assistance to the Sourcing Manager’s various activities all year round. These activities add more value to the general buying and supply chain functions within TFG.
As a TFG Sourcing Intern, the successful candidate will gain exposure in key sourcing activities to make sure the appropriate brief to vendors are done, understanding garment construction, costing consolidation, leading time training and fabric training.
Here are the critical roles and responsibilities of the Sourcing Intern in greater detail:
- Critical path management with vendors and communicating expectations to the Sourcing Team
- Learn sample approval process
- Learn briefing management with sourcing team
- Cost consolidation
- Provide administrative support to Sourcing Managers
- Sample management
- Follow up on outstanding approvals with buyers and suppliers
- CAD and Tech Pack support
The Sourcing Internship is a full-time position and can potentially be a launching pad to becoming a Sourcing Specialist.
Requirements or Eligibility
Applicants are required to satisfy the minimum requirements below to be able to apply for the Sourcing Internship Programme:
- Obtained a National Diploma in Fashion Design/Clothing Management or any relevant qualification
- Good interpersonal skills
- Can work effectively even under pressure
- Able to quickly adapt and effectively respond to change
- Keen eye for detail
- Good organization and planning skills
Preference will be regarded, but not limited to, applicants from designated groups as highlighted in
How to Apply
If you meet the minimum requirements of the TFG Sourcing Internship Programme, Click here to get started with the application process. Make sure to set up an account at the TFG recruitment page to be able to apply.
Opening and Closing Dates
Deadline for submission of applications is set on 25 April 2019.
Know more about TFG by clicking the link to its homepage.