The Foschini Group (TFG), one of the leading independent South African chain store groups, is calling on suitably qualified individuals to visit its website and apply for its Supply Chain Graduate Programme.
Founded in 1924, the Foschini Group operates a network of chain stores offering an expansive portfolio made up of 29 of the most popular fashion retail brands from all over the world. TFG carries a wide selection of clothing, cellphones, jewelry, cosmetics, accessories, homeware, sporting equipment and apparel, and home furniture to value to upper market demographics.
Headquartered in Parow, Cape Town, TFG now has a presence in 3,328 locations spread across 34 countries including the US, UK and Australia after a series of mergers and buy ins.
TFG Supply Chain Analyst Graduate Programme
TFG’s Graduate Programmes are structured to provide new graduates the opportunity to make a seamless transition from campus life to work life. Successful candidates will closely collaborate with various teams and individual co-workers within the business who will gladly share their knowledge, experience, purpose and passion.
As Supply Chain Analyst trainees, the key duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Collect, clean, study and present data
- Take charge of data management and presentation to ensure accuracy, relevance and clarity
- Make sure operational and data analytics are thoroughly researched, well presented and relevant
- Conduct supply chain process analysis
- Perform general business process analysis (e.g. inventory control and management, product flow via distribution hubs and merchandise)
- Utilize Supply Chain Guru as resource
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate will need to meet the following minimum eligibility requisites in order to become eligible for the programme:
- A graduate of BSc Industrial Engineering or BCom Logistics Management or Quantitative Management with majors in Logistics or Quantitative Management would be a definite plus
- Knowledgeable in Supply Chain Operations is a major preference
- Advanced skills in problem solving, self-management and sound judgement
- Knows how to run MS Office applications such as Word, Project and with intermediate Excel skills
- Shows eagerness to learn and a questioning/enquiring mind
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- High level of accuracy and good eye for details
- Able to confidently and positively influence and persuade people within all levels of the organization
- Resilient and possesses emotional maturity
- Highly capable of building and maintaining healthy professional relationships
- Able to think strategically
- Consistent in meeting deadlines in a high pressure, fast-paced work environment
How do I apply?
Candidates who meet the preliminary requirements and would like to push through with the application will need to create an account on the TFG recruitment portal. Click here to create an account. If you already have an account, simply log in and apply. Use the job ID 4481 to quickly locate the advert.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
View the TFG Supply Chain Analyst Graduate Programme advert by clicking the link.
- Where will the graduate programme take place?
Successful applicants will be stationed in TFG’s Merchandise Procurement group in Parow, Cape Town
- What happens if I don’t submit my scholastic records?
All applications submitted without the academic records will not be accepted.