Thales, a French-based multinational electronic systems manufacturer, is inviting suitable graduates to apply for its Junior Bid Support Learnership 2023 intake at its Johannesburg offices. Take a moment to review the minimum eligibility criteria and skills requirements of the role if you’re planning to apply.
Previously known as Thomson-CSF since its founding in 1968, the Thales Group provides devices, and electrical equipment to the defense, transportation, security, and aerospace industries. In 2017. It has ranked number 8 among the largest defense contractors globally with more than half of its revenues coming from military sales. Thales operates in over 56 countries with more than 80,000 employees.
Thales SA Junior Bid Support Learnership 2023
The Junior Bid Support Learnership 2023 opportunity runs for 12 months and is designed to provide hands-on experience and formal training to African, Indian, and Coloured (AIC) candidates through the performance of a range of project support functions including but not limited to:
- Providing support in administering the Bid Office and Assistance together with Bid Assembly and Preparation
- Help out senior bid managers in maintaining and updating bid register
- Review bid register and follow through meeting dates with senior bid managers
- Providing support with weekly gates reporting
- Helping out with bid data repository and document management during bids
- Ensure adequate availability of resources (e.g. tools, space, stationary)
- Assisting senior bid managers with preparing documents
- Preparation and processing of BO light bids
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Holds a diploma or certificate in any of the following disciplines:
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Procurement Management
- Business Management
- Applicants with at least one year of bid environment work experience will have a definite edge
- Background in Chorus 2 bid process
- Preferably knowledgeable with MS Office productivity tools e.g. Word and Excel
- Good prioritization and organizational skills
- Proactive, driven, committed, and diligent
- Able to produce results under pressure
- Knows how to develop strong work relations
- Keen eye for details
Note that the above is a general description of the nature of work attributed to the role and may not list all the duties and responsibilities, and requisite skills of the position.
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates complete an online application form on the Company’s careers page. Click the link below to get started:
Job ID: R0202096
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
For enquiries, get in touch with Thales South Africa at +27 11 313 9000.
Do not post queries if this internship opportunity is no longer available.