About The Foschini Group
Established in 1924, The Foschini Group (TFG) is a clothing retail company based in South Africa with its headquarters located in Cape Town. With over 3000 stores, 22 leading brands, and a range of different merchandise categories, The Foschini Group is considered one of the largest retailers in South Africa. The business of The Foschini Group is spread in 34 countries including the United Kingdom, Australia, and Africa.
Exact, American Swiss, Charles & Keith, @home, @homelivingpeace, Donna, Colette. The FiX, G-Star Raw, SODA Bloc, Sportsscene, Phase Eight, and Whistles are some of the retail brands that are included in The Foschini Group. Phase Eight, a British-based chain, was bought by the group in 2015 and Whistles, a British-based chain with 46 shops, was purchased by the group in 2016.
The Foschini Group Bursary 2022 – 2023
The Foschini Group provides bursaries to the subscribers of TFG Club, a monthly magazine that provides the latest trends in beauty and fashion. It also curates articles providing in-depth knowledge on financial matters, parenting, relationship, and health topics.
The club subscribers have the opportunity to win R2,000,000 worth of bursaries. The bursaries are provided annually by the club and the Educor Group which is a premier private education provider in South Africa.
The bursaries are awarded to students who wish to pursue a career in the fashion industry. The Educor Group has 6 fashion institutions that the applicants can choose from. Every month 12 bursaries valued at R15,000 are awarded and applicants choose between fashion institutions including Lyceum College, Damelin, Damelin Correspondence College, CityVarsity, INTEC college, and Central Technical College.
The Bursary covers the following expenses:
- Tuition fees
- Design kits
- Prescribed textbooks
- Room decor allowance
- MacBook or required software
- Printing allowance
- Mobile phone with data and airtime
- Transport allowance
- Coaching and support
Students will also be awarded the opportunity of undertaking vacation work at TFG during the June holidays. It is also important to mention that every term and condition of the bursary should be read carefully as the program offer can vary according to the campuses.
Who should apply?
Applications need to follow the required eligibility criteria to qualify for the Foschini Group bursary programme. The minimum eligibility requirements are:
- It is essential for the applicant to be a subscriber of the TFG Club
- The subscription of the member must be up to date
- The TFG account of the subscriber must not be in arrears
- The applicant must not receive a bursary from the TFG club within 36 months
- The immediate family of the applicant may also apply
- South African citizenship
- Strong academic records and completed mathematics, design, and arts in matric
- Creative and have a strong love for fashion
- The applicant must have an analytical approach and business-minded
- Should be able to start studying from January of the upcoming year
How do I apply?
The application for the bursary of The Foschini Group has to be completed online. Click here to complete your application process.
The documents that are required for the application are as follows:
- ID documents
- Matric certificates
- Breakdown of household monthly expenses
- Death certificates if one/both of your parents have died
- School’s principal’s letter of motivation
- Signed declaration
There is no closing date. The bursary is open annually. The application can be submitted online throughout the year.
Post: TFG Club, PO Box 6020 Parow East 7501
For more information, follow the official website of The Foschini Group.
If this bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other open bursaries for application.