The Thuthuka Education Upliftment Fund (TEUF), in conjunction with the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA), is calling on suitable and deserving students to submit an application and qualify for its upcoming Bursary Programme offering for the 2021 academic year.
Established in 2002, the TEUF is primarily a skills development entity that works primarily as a public benefit duly registered as a public benefit organization and is run and governed by a board of directors. SAICA established the TEUF with the goal of:
- Growing the number and ensuring a steady stream of suitably qualified chartered accountants into the South African economy
- Ensure the transformation of CA demographics to synergize with South Africa’s demographic profile
The Thuthuka CA Bursary 2021
Working under the TEUF, the Thuthuka Bursary Fund, or TBF, seeks to provide assistance to advantaged Africans and Coloured students who want to become Chartered Accountants. This is to transform the demographics and sustain the growth of the profession by:
- Furthering education
- Empowering the youth
- Ensuring the sustained growth of the CA profession in South Africa
- Successful candidates will be signing a bursary agreement with the TEUF and National Student Financial Aid Scheme
- The bursary award is not to be used to pay off existing debts or loans
Who should apply?
Consideration for bursary support is dependent on the following:
- Academic record
- Results from the National Benchmark Test, or NBT
- Financial need as identified by the NSFAS financial means assessment
How do I apply?
Before accessing the bursary application page, be sure to prepare the following documents:
- Final results from Grade 11
- Final results from Grade 12 (if applicable)
- Letter of provisional admission in a university (for incoming university students)
- If already attending university, transcript of records
- Valid South African ID
- Most recent payslip of parents or guardian
- Valid ID of parents or guardian
- Valid ID (copy) of family members dependent on family income
- Signed consent form
Be sure to sign the consent form and upload all supporting documents listed above. Incomplete applications are unacceptable.
Click here to access the TBF application page.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 31 July 2020.
For enquiries, call SAICA directly at:
Tel.no: 08910 72422
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Thuthuka CA Bursary Programme 2021 advert