The SAB Foundation was founded in 2010 by South African Breweries Ltd. This independent trust foundation invests millions of rands annually for the development of entrepreneurship in South Africa. With 8.4 million SAB Ltd. shares, the foundation uses the income from its shares to uplift the quality of life in communities all over South Africa.
By funding micro, small and medium-sized enterprises, the SAB Foundation seeks to empower disadvantaged individuals with a particular focus on women and the youth living in rural areas, as well as people with disabilities who are committed, and possess the potential to successfully run a business and generate jobs. The foundation hopes to improve their lives through entrepreneurship development.
Tholoana Enterprise Programme 2019 – 2020
With the help of the Tholoana Enterprise Programme, the SAB Foundation seeks to provide a comprehensive solution package that can promote the sustainable growth of your business. The complete support package covers entrepreneurial skills development, access to various tools and templates, and mentorship. You’ll also be able to connect with peers operating in the country. There is also access to different markets as well as finance.
The SAB Foundation has invested millions of rands to impart effective entrepreneurial skills to women, the youth, persons with disabilities, people in rural and peri-urban communities, and areas where there are limited job opportunities. The foundation is also focused in growth sectors which includes the energy, waste, and water sector. In addition, they also prefer to work with the technology, education, and agro-processing sector.
Since its inception in 21010, the SAB Foundation has produced 316 small businesses and entrepreneurs, and has helped generate more than 800 new jobs all across the country.
Requirements or Eligibility
Although the Tholoana Enterprise programme supports a preferred focus area, the foundation extends help if the following requirements are met, and these are the following:
- The business is black-owned and operational, viable, and sustainable.
- The business is headquartered and registered within South African territory.
- The applicant is involved with the day-to-day operations of the business.
- The business is has been in operation for six months to five years.
- The applicant possesses the essential knowledge and skills.
- The applicant is able to fully commit to the 2-year programme and seeks to create positive change.
- The applicant has demonstrated ethical and high moral standards.
How to Apply
Before applying to the Thoalona Enterprise Programme, be sure you meet all the eligibility requirements mentioned earlier. If you meet all the programme’s criteria, fill out their online application form by clicking on the link below.
Keep in mind that the SAB Foundation does not partner or sponsor the following:
- If you are a employee for SAB Foundation, ABInBev, SAB Pty Ltd, and affiliates.
- If your business is still a concept.
- If the business is involved in serving alcoholic beverages e.g. bars, taverns.
- If the business is a franchise.
- If the business is a non-profit organisation, non-governmental organisation, and home based care service. Click here for more.
- If the business is primarily involved in gaming, sex, tobacco and other illegal activities.
For more details, click the link to their website: http://sabfoundation.co.za/
Opening and Closing Date
The online application starts August 1st and closes on 26th September.
Phone: 086 111 1690