Tiktok is inviting qualified individuals to send in their application and possibly join its Music Operations Graduate programme 2022 intake in Johannesburg, South Africa. Be sure to check the minimum eligibility requirements and responsibilities of the role to see if you qualify.
Launched by ByteDance in 2017 to Android and iOS users in select countries outside of China, TikTok ranked third place as one the fastest growing brands of 2020 (by Morning Consult). It became accessible to the rest of the world when ByteDance merged with Musical.ly in August, 2018. By October 2020, TikTok have amassed more than 2 billion mobile downloads globally.
TikTok Music Operations Graduate Programme
The successful candidate will be part of the Music Operations Team – a key division within the company that works as a link it with the music industry. The team builds strong relations with music artists to expand their music on Tiktok.
In line with providing support to the TikTok Africa Music Operations team, it is the duty of the successful candidate to perform the following tasks:
- Provide assistance with various tasks such as music campaigns and back-ends, music editorials, and artist relations
- Curate and ensure playlist and sound page banner are updated
- Collaborate with, and onboard labels, artists, and distributor
- Provide assistance with music campaigns, planning and support
- Help manage/maintain the back-end music library
Who should apply?
Candidates will need to meet the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- Currently pursuing their final year of qualification and set to graduate in 2022
- Expansive experience in the African music industry
- Solid grasp of digital music promotion
- An expert in African music; particularly in South Africa, Kenya, and Nigeria
- Must own a TikTok account and has some knowledge in promoting music on the platform
- Works well within a team environment
- Have worked with artists in the past
- Fluent in written and spoken English
*** RELATED GRADUATE JOB OPPORTUNITIES ***
How do I apply?
If you meet the minimum eligibility requirements and are interested in applying for the post, register an account on TikTok Africa’s recruitment page to get started. Click on the link below to access the page.
No deadline for submission of applications had been set as of this posting.
For enquiries, click on the link to access their Help Center.
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the TikTok Music Operations Graduate Programme 2022 advert.