Total, one of the largest oil companies in the world, is looking for suitable South African candidates who are interested in submitting their application to qualify for the company’s Engineering Internship Programme for the 2020 financial year. If you’re an engineering graduate and looking for an internship opportunity, review the minimum qualification requisites to see if you’re qualified to apply.
A French multinational oil and gas company and one of the “Supermajor” oil companies in the world, Total’s business encompasses the whole oil and gas chain, including crude oil, natural gas exploration and production, power generation, refining, transportation and petroleum product marketing among others. In addition, Total is also a large scale manufacturer of a wide range of chemical products.
Total SA Engineering Internship 2020
Total South Africa 12-month Engineering Internship opportunity is accepting applications from candidates in the Witbank area. The successful candidate will be part of Total SA’s logistics business unit and gain hands-on experience as well as several administrative duties.
Who should apply?
Applicants will need to satisfy the following minimum eligibility requirements to qualify for consideration:
- Must have a BTech degree in Engineering, preferably majoring in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Possesses no more than one (1) year work experience
- Must be less than 25 years old
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid negotiation skills
- Excellent researching skills
- Proficient with MS Office tools such as PowerPoint, Excel and Word
What is the selection process?
There are 5 steps involved in Total’s application/selection process:
- If the company sees you as a potential candidate, expect to receive a questionnaire to help fill in missing information in your profile and/or an interview request via phone or video call.
- The second step is a face to face interview with a recruitment officer to know more about your skillset, motivations and experience.
- On the third step, you get a chance to meet with line managers in charge who will discuss the job in more detail and the team you may be working with.
- The fourth and final step of the selection process is formalizing the internship offer where you will sign the contract with the HR management team in charge of the programme.
Candidates from designated groups will be given preference in accordance with Total’s Employment Equity Plan.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will have to register an account in order to move forward. Make sure to have these support documents ready before applying:
- Comprehensive resume or CV
- Academic records from the final year of studies
- Relevant certificates including matric
- Copy of identification document
Failure to submit valid and truthful documents will render the application null and void.
Click here to get started.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 17 August 2020. Late or incomplete applications are unacceptable.
For more information, click here and fill out the contact form.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Total SA Engineering Internship Programme advert.