Total, one of the largest oil companies in the world, is looking for suitable South African candidates to submit their application and qualify for the company’s Environmental Internship Programme in Johannesburg for 2021. Make sure to review the minimum qualifications to see if you’re eligible to apply.
A French multinational oil and gas company and one of the “Supermajor” oil companies in the world, Total’s business operations encompass the whole oil and gas chain, including crude oil, natural gas exploration and production, pow generation, refining, transportation and petroleum product marketing among others. In addition, Total is also a large scale manufacturer of a wide range of chemical products.
Total Environmental Department Internship 2021
Total South Africa’s Environmental Department Internship programme is a 12-month internship opportunity for young candidates with post-matric qualification. As an Environmental Department Intern, the successful candidate will be part of the HSSE team and will acquire hands-on experience and perform various multi-functional administrative duties.
Who should apply?
Candidates will need to meet the following minimum qualification requirements to apply:
- Holds a BSC qualification in Environmental Science, Geo hydrology, or Environmental Geology
- Preferably have taken up courses in:
- Energy or Energy Transition
- Climate Change
- Environmental Law
- Sustainable development
- Must be not more than 25 years old
- Preferably coming from designated groups and in accordance with Total’s Employment Equity policies
- Zero to less than a year of work experience
- Solid research skills
- Strong report writing skills using MS Word and PowerPoint
What is the selection process?
There are 4 steps involved in Total’s application/selection process:
- If the company sees you as a potential candidate, expect to receive a questionnaire to help fill in missing information in your profile and/or an interview request via phone or video call.
- The second step is a face to face interview with a recruitment officer to know more about your skill set, motivations and experience.
- On the third step, you get a chance to meet with line managers in charge who will discuss the job in more detail and the team you may be working with.
- The fourth and final step of the selection process is formalizing the internship offer where you will sign the contract with the HR management team in charge of the programme.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to register their profile on Total’s recruitment portal. Click the link below and scroll to the bottom to get started.
Job ID: 40572BR
Prepare the following support documents for submission:
- Comprehensive CV
- Academic transcript from the final year of qualification
- Copy of South African ID
- Certificates, if available
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting,
For more information, click here and fill out Total’s contact form.
Click the link to view a PDF file of the Total Environmental Department Internship 2021 advert.