Total, one of the largest oil companies in the world, is inviting suitable South African candidates who are interested in applying for its Finance Internship Programme.
A French multinational oil and gas company and one of the “Supermajor” oil companies in the world, Total’s business encompasses the whole oil and gas chain, including crude oil, natural gas exploration and production, power generation, refining, transportation and petroleum product marketing among others. In addition, Total is also a large scale manufacturer of chemical products.
Total South Africa Finance Internship Programme
Total South Africa’s Finance Internship Programme runs for a duration of 12 months and will have the successful candidates working within the company’s various departments such as Finance, Retail and Legal and Governance. Moreover, interns will gain experiential learning in finance functions and other administrative duties.
Who should apply?
To qualify for the internship, applicants must possess these prescribed basic requirements:
- Must hold a degree in BCom Honours Financial Management, BCom Honours Taxation, BCom Accounting, BCom Cost Management and Accounting
- Not over 25 years of age
- Has zero to one year work experience in the same field
- Must have good negotiation skills
- Excellent research and report writing skills
- Knows how to use MS tools such as Word and PowerPoint
What is the selection process?
Applicants belonging to designated groups will be given preference in accordance with the company’s Employment Equity plan.
- Prequalified applicants may receive a questionnaire and/or phone or video call interview to clarify missing details about their profile
- Shortlisted applicants will get an interview invitation to discover more about the applicant’s skills, experiences and work motivations. This will also be an opportunity to know more about the job and prospects within the company
- Meet with relevant managers to get a clear idea of the job and the working environment
- The recruiter makes a job offer
Keep in mind that applications containing false information and invalid documents submitted to Total will render the application as null and void.
How do I apply?
Qualified candidates will need to register an account on Total’s recruitment portal. Click here to get started. If you already have an account, simply sign in and apply.
Use the job code 21072BR to easily locate the job opening.
Be sure to prepare the following supporting documents prior to applying:
- Comprehensive and up to date CV
- Final year grade results
- Copy of valid South African ID
- Relevant certificates (if available)
Deadline for submission of applications is on 12 November 2019. Late submissions will not be accepted. Should you not receive any feedback 30 days beyond the application deadline, consider the application as unsuccessful.
View the Total South Africa Finance Internship Programme advert by clicking the link.
Need tips on how to increase your chances of getting the position? Click here to know more.