Total, one of the largest oil companies in the world, is inviting suitable South African candidates who are interested in submitting their application to qualify for the company’s Logistic Management Internship Programme for 2020 financial year.
A French multinational oil and gas company and one of the “Supermajor” oil companies in the world, Total’s business encompasses the whole oil and gas chain, including crude oil, natural gas exploration and production, power generation, refining, transportation and petroleum product marketing among others. In addition, Total is also a large scale manufacturer of a wide range of chemical products.
Total SA Logistic Management Internship Programme
The successful interns will be assigned in Total SA’s Transport Department in Johannesburg. As Logistic Management interns, these new hires are expected to acquire hands-on, practical experience carrying out a good number of transport and multi-functional duties and responsibilities.
This internship opportunity will run for a period of 12 months with the incumbent being placed in Total SA’s head office in Johannesburg.
Who should apply?
To qualify for this internship, you must be able to satisfy the programme’s minimum eligibility requirements listed below:
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in Logistics
- A South African national and must be not older than
- Work experience must not be more than one year
- Must have solid research a skills
- Must possess exceptional negotiation skills
- Good to excellent report writing skills using Microsoft PowerPoint and Word
What is the selection process?
There are 5 steps involved in Total’s application/selection process:
- If the company sees you as a potential candidate, expect to receive a questionnaire to help fill in missing information in your profile and/or an interview request via phone or video call.
- The second step is a face to face interview with a recruitment officer to know more about your skill set, motivations and experience.
- On the third step, you get a chance to meet with line managers in charge who will discuss the job in more detail and the team you may be working with.
- The fourth and final step of the selection process is formalizing the internship offer where you will sign the contract with the HR management team in charge of the programme.
How do I apply?
Candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualifications and would like to proceed with the application will need to set up an account to be able to apply. Also, be sure to prepare the following support documents for uploading during the application process:
- Comprehensive and up to date CV
- Academic transcript of final year
- Copy of ID
- Any certifications if available
Click here to register your account on Total SA’s online recruitment page. Scroll to the bottom and click on the “Apply” button.
Deadline for submission of applications is on 10 December 2019. Note that the link to the job posting may no longer be available once the position had been filled prior to the set deadline.
Click the link the view the Total SA Logistic Management Internship Programme 2020 advert.